Nordic "nRF52840 Dongle" Support

Posted on
Page
of 3
First Prev
/ 3
  • I think you are right @Gordon about the board.py configuration; will look into it a bit more.

IMHO the NRF52840 is indeed nice because of the dedicated USB, and e.g. Thread (IEEE 802.15.4 / 6LowPan based) protocol support. Also, it has a nice amount of GPIO for advanced set-ups :)

• yes, think about and then we can port to NINA B3 now :)

• But, is there some tip to compile to NRF52840, or it´s easy too like the NRF52832 ?

• One more thing might be interesting is that the nRF52840 has a low speed mode with better sensitivity: -103dBm sensitivity at 125kbps BLE vs -96dBm of the nRF52832 at 1Mbps. Also +8dBm max output vs +4dBm of the nRF52832.
    That 7dBm receive sensitivity increase theoretically should double the range.

Has anyone tested, or has data on potential range improvement (preferably inside a building)? Nordic has published pretty impressive range outdoors...

Is there any gotcha? Other than there is no support for Bluetooth 5 on either my phone or laptop & I have no idea about the intricacies of Bluetooth versions....

• We got 1km range communication outdoor with NINA B3

• Oh, that's impressive. NINA B3 on both sides? What antenna did you use?

• embedded antena!
    nina to nina

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Nordic "nRF52840 Dongle" Support

Posted by Avatar for Stev @Stev