Member since Mar 2014 • Last active Aug 2018
  • 17 conversations
  • 120 comments

C64, HP48, Espruino.

Most recent activity

• 14 comments
  • in Porting to new Devices

Hooray, indeed, @Gordon

Though we got a new dog and I will never have time for anything again, I‘m afraid...

Had a look at the sources, though, last week after not having looked at it for a few years now, and am pretty happy with what Espruino has become and that it‘s well and alive. Great work.

Better not count on an early. Got the native blinky example running..
    Not sure, how much time I'll have on my hands in August. Intensely waiting for a rainy day for looking at the Espruino code :)

15’s release notes say something about production quality, also for USB, so lets hope they mean it.

For the HID part, I totally forgot about the STM specific implementation. Still, the 52840’s integrated USB is a pretty cool thing and makes that dongle so interesting.

I had a look at the HID examples yesterday but had troubles with flashing existing example hex’ and getting some if the tools to work. Seems I have to recompile using the full tool chain.

The dongle is brand new and the desktop integration might still need minor work/updating.

I‘ll post an update if I got something going Espruino-wise.

but realistically to work properly it needs to be running with SDK15

From the SDK downloads page it seems that the SDK from 12.2.0 up support the nRF52840.

So the keyword were "realistically" and "properly"?

They look like great little devices though, and extremely cheap too.

Well, I guess all the Nordic chips ask for this kind of cheap generic board designs, this one from Nordic themselves, so that will not go away. Still enough market for specific power/battery designs and special form factors as well as sensor/display combos.

Now that the 52s with this chip got USB support, too, I hoped to get Espruino's USB HID support running, though I haven't verified that they will support that via the dongle's USB contact pads...

Hey,

just received a few of those "original" nRF Dongles today. Is there already support for those?

-Stev

• in General

Will have a look at the current src/build set and see how it looks today (I guess i did this a few years ago, last time).

There's that Rebble site's projects page that also mentions an initial FreeRTOS implementation for Pebble, don't know if one could combine some of the ESP parts with that.

• in General

According to iFixit's teardown there's an STM32F439ZG inside the Pebble Time (the "current" Model).

Plus Texas Instruments CC2564B Bluetooth, Lattice LP1K FPGA, Bosch Sensortec BMI160 accelerometer, as well as a Freescale Xtrinsic MAG3110 magnetometer. More on the bottom of said page...

Actually a device I'd love to see Espruino run on. Well-built, used and loved by quite a community, abandoned by their original creators, and/but with a few more discrete parts in contrast to the nRF51-based devices.

• 9 comments
Actions