• 16 conversations
  • 112 comments

C64, HP48, Espruino.

Most recent activity

• 9 comments
  • in News

Hey Gordon,

Take your time. I'll collect some more meanwhile:

While the compass() function now returns sensible values, it happens to fail with a i2c write error after a while (though no clear criteria on when/why).

Also, when I use a non-rounded int resulting from Math.pow as a parameter for show(), I sometimes end up with the result for one less (that "one less" thing. again.):

show(Math.pow(2,15))

should only light up a single LED,

show(Math.round(Math.pow(2,15)))

does.

-Stev

• in News

save() is broken for the micro:bit in the 1.86.xx travis builds...

(and I get a debounce value stored for setWatch that is one less then entered...)

• in News

No micro:bit build for 1.86 in the release Downloads folder...
    Compass works steadily, though :)

-Stev

• in General

Cool.
    Nice little BLE toy/tool.

• in General

Hey,

@luwar
    good hint. I'll try that.

@Gordon
    Just unpacked the thing and tested the few functions. And saw the compass call converging towards 0,0,2. Doesn't crash or block, just ends up there after a few calls. Just wanted to check whether a broken device or the code was the culprit.

• in ESP8266

@DrAzzy: Nice tinkering board. I'll have a closer look at the possible components. Though I somehow want everything "smaller!" these days. Not sure how to get there though without doing a new board every time...

I thought there might not be support for all IO pins or the 8266ex' serial memory. If that's the case though, I'll happily go and buy some (tiny ;) board.

Thanks
    Stev

• in General

Hey,

just received my microbit and while typing along (really easy espruino install, btw) I found that repetitively calling compass() creates nonsense result and soon gets stuck at

{ "x": 0, "y": 0, "z": 2 }

like so:

>compass()
    ={ "x": 29688, "y": -1537, "z": 32514 }
    >compass()
    ={ "x": -4214, "y": 24832, "z": 24834 }
    >compass()
    ={ "x": 24878, "y": -253, "z": 2 }

Saw that too? Not sure if its some device data underflow or a missing reset, as I haven't looked at any internals so far.

Cheers
    Stev

• in ESP8266

While I was away a bit and you're luckily still at it, will there be some support for any 8266ex board like Olimex' MOD-WIFI-ESP8266-DEV or anything cheap with more GPIO than the 2 of set standard -01 boards? Not sure if these questions help, though :)

Edit: If the 32 should really be available that soon, the question might be useless. If not, and a usable board is six months away, I would still pose it that way.

• in Electronics

Hey, great news. I killed a few Esp with an overly compact shim already...

Will this Espruino have some kind of certification? FCC/IC/CE?

Not sure what's necessary in what country to resell a solution by just adding the software, or if that's possible at all in this setup.

Nice start into the year
    Stev

Actions