Stev

Member since Mar 2014 • Last active Jul 2017
  • 16 conversations
  • 114 comments

C64, HP48, Espruino.

Most recent activity

• in General

Will have a look at the current src/build set and see how it looks today (I guess i did this a few years ago, last time).

There's that Rebble site's projects page that also mentions an initial FreeRTOS implementation for Pebble, don't know if one could combine some of the ESP parts with that.

• in General

According to iFixit's teardown there's an STM32F439ZG inside the Pebble Time (the "current" Model).

Plus Texas Instruments CC2564B Bluetooth, Lattice LP1K FPGA, Bosch Sensortec BMI160 accelerometer, as well as a Freescale Xtrinsic MAG3110 magnetometer. More on the bottom of said page...

Actually a device I'd love to see Espruino run on. Well-built, used and loved by quite a community, abandoned by their original creators, and/but with a few more discrete parts in contrast to the nRF51-based devices.

• 9 comments
  • in News

Hey Gordon,

Take your time. I'll collect some more meanwhile:

While the compass() function now returns sensible values, it happens to fail with a i2c write error after a while (though no clear criteria on when/why).

Also, when I use a non-rounded int resulting from Math.pow as a parameter for show(), I sometimes end up with the result for one less (that "one less" thing. again.):

show(Math.pow(2,15))

should only light up a single LED,

show(Math.round(Math.pow(2,15)))

does.

-Stev

• in News

save() is broken for the micro:bit in the 1.86.xx travis builds...

(and I get a debounce value stored for setWatch that is one less then entered...)

• in News

No micro:bit build for 1.86 in the release Downloads folder...
    Compass works steadily, though :)

-Stev

• in General

Cool.
    Nice little BLE toy/tool.

• in General

Hey,

@luwar
    good hint. I'll try that.

@Gordon
    Just unpacked the thing and tested the few functions. And saw the compass call converging towards 0,0,2. Doesn't crash or block, just ends up there after a few calls. Just wanted to check whether a broken device or the code was the culprit.

• in ESP8266

@DrAzzy: Nice tinkering board. I'll have a closer look at the possible components. Though I somehow want everything "smaller!" these days. Not sure how to get there though without doing a new board every time...

I thought there might not be support for all IO pins or the 8266ex' serial memory. If that's the case though, I'll happily go and buy some (tiny ;) board.

Thanks
    Stev

• in General

Hey,

just received my microbit and while typing along (really easy espruino install, btw) I found that repetitively calling compass() creates nonsense result and soon gets stuck at

{ "x": 0, "y": 0, "z": 2 }

like so:

>compass()
    ={ "x": 29688, "y": -1537, "z": 32514 }
    >compass()
    ={ "x": -4214, "y": 24832, "z": 24834 }
    >compass()
    ={ "x": 24878, "y": -253, "z": 2 }

Saw that too? Not sure if its some device data underflow or a missing reset, as I haven't looked at any internals so far.

Cheers
    Stev

Actions