Gordon

Member since Sep 2013 • Last active Mar 2024

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Ok, thanks for the info!

That would make sense then - I wasn't able to test out the iOS stuff properly because I only have an old iPad and no other apple devices, and I couldn't find a way of getting notifications on it (Hangouts which I had used previously has been deprecated!).

Please could you use the Custom Boot Code app and enter:

E.on('notify',msg=>{
      require("Storage").open("messages.log","­a").write(JSON.stringify(msg)+"\n");
    });

then receive some messages with iOS. Then if you disconnect and reconnect with the Web IDE, click the 'Storage' icon (4 disc icon in the middle bar of the screen), scroll right down, and click to download 'messages.log', and upload it here I can try to take a look and see what's up

• in Bangle.js

Please can you try connecting with the Web IDE and pasting in:

require("messages").pushMessage({"t":"ad­d","id":1575479849,"src":"Skype","title"­:"\uc548\ub155\ud558\uc138\uc694\u0020\u­c138\uc0c1","body":"\uc548\ub155\ud558\u­c138\uc694\u0020\uc138\uc0c1",positive:1­,negative:1})

and see what happens? And you definitely installed the all languages font and not the 150 languages one?

• in Bangle.js

Ahh - this one: https://espruino.github.io/BangleApps/

You need the apps at those versions or later, and make sure you hold the button to reload after installing

• in Bangle.js

Just fixed.

Just a note that you could pretty easily fix existing files - the ms field you see there is milliseconds, so pass that into the Date constructor and you're good.

• in Bangle.js

Have you followed the steps at https://www.espruino.com/Gadgetbridge#ex­tra-setup ?

It's good to have Reconnect automatically set in Gadgetbridge, and also to follow the steps on https://dontkillmyapp.com/ to ensure your phone isn't trying to kill Gadgetbridge in the background

• in Bangle.js

Did you manage to do the update ok? I guess it's possible there wasn't enough space on the watch storage or something like that?

And you definitely uploaded from the Development App loader (so the Message UI app is 0.77 and iOS Integration is 0.17)?

• in Bangle.js

could I install the nightly parallel to stable release an connect the bangle to both?

I don't think so, no - or if you could it'd almost certainly break!

• in Bangle.js

Hi - the beep itself is super quiet (and I don't think is used normally anyway).

The buzz strength/pattern is configured per app - for an incoming message go to Settings -> Apps -> Messages and you'll see Vibrate - tap on that and you get to choose different patterns.

Probably === is the most noticeable (3 long, strong buzzes)

• in Bangle.js

Well there were some changes to how writeJSON works, but it wasn't meant to have that effect. Sorry about that.

Either way I guess it wouldn't have worked exactly as you might expect from the code (you wouldn't get a Date back when reading). Maybe you could change the code that writes to ensure you do (new Date()).toISOString() which should be backwards compatible?

And I'll see if I can get a fix in for writeJSON

• in Bangle.js

Hi - yes, no need to worry about step counting - that's all built in and the power draw from that is extremely small

Actions