Gordon

Member since Sep 2013 • Last active Apr 2020

Most recent activity

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

I think you've basically got two options:

Hope that's some help!

• in Bangle.js

I don't understand why dates would help you in this case? Many pages haven't been updated in a while and are still fine.

If you find problems with a page, you could click the link down the bottom to contribute updated information that was correct.

• in Other Boards

Sorry - it's on my list, but it won't happen for a few weeks. I've been really busy with Bangle.js support and shipping and not much else is getting done :(

• in JavaScript

Well, using just Storage.write will result in the whole file re-written each time, which is obviously not good. Storage.open(file,"a") creates a slightly different file type which allows easy appends, but dropping the first few lines of the file and rewriting will still be bad.

What I'd suggest is to have one StorageFile (with Storage.open(file,"a")) for each day of the week, and then at midnight when you swap over you do Storage.open(file,"r").erase() to erase the previous day (7 days ago) before starting afresh.

That way you're actually being super kind to the flash, and it should be reasonably easy to implement?

• in Bangle.js

Not sure what to suggest - I had this on one or two early watches (and asked the factory to check the buttons), but hadn't noticed it on the recent batch. Given what's happened so far I'd be pretty sure they didn't actually test anything though :(

It's actually possible that just applying some kind of lubricant would help? The watches do seem to have something applied at the factory, but maybe they missed that button.

• in Bangle.js

That's great! Thanks for showing your progress!

I just modified the post to include links rather than direct images (as that's what the URL was for) so at least others can see now :)

• in Bangle.js

This is very strange. Do you think you could just give me a list of the minimum apps needed (from a fresh install) to get this to happen - and what order you installed them in?

I guess it could be out of memory, but if you have the IDE running I'd expect it would tell you in the console.

• in Bangle.js

Maybe you could look at the raw data if you connect with the IDE and do:

Bangle.on('mag',m=>print(m.x,m.y,m.z))
    Bangle.setCompassPower(1);

The absolute values look quite small, and maybe there's something that could be done to improve sensitivity - but when I look at the values I can see them changing pretty repeatably in response to the orientation of the watch, so I guess it's possible that there's something wrong with the code that works out the heading from that data?

• in Bangle.js

Please can you try and narrow it down a bit to see what makes it not work for you, @Johan_O?

Also, if you connect with the Web IDE and just try setting alarms and loading the main clock face, you might see if it reports some error that would be helpful in tracking it down?

• in Bangle.js

Just tried here:

• https://banglejs.com/apps/
    • Install Default Apps
    • long-press BTN3
    • long-press BTN3 to exit welcome screen
    • BTN2 - launcher
    • Select Alarms and launch
    • Choose New Alarm
    • Choose Save
    • Choose Back

Alarm icon is shown in top left. Entering Alarm again shows the alarms.

Does it work for you if you follow those exact steps? Do you have something different on your watch maybe?

Actions