Gordon

Member since Sep 2013 • Last active Aug 2017

Most recent activity

• 106 comments
  • in Other Boards

Yes, you should be able to. You could check the circuit diagram against the nRF52832DK, but if Adafruit have used the same pins for Serial RX and TX then you could use the existing nRF52832DK firmware for Espruino (http://www.espruino.com/binaries/travis/­master/).

Having said that, they have their own bootloader by the look of it, so you'd have to look into how exactly that works. It might be that if you just uploaded the firmware (not the softdevice or bootloader) region then it'd 'just work'.

If you programmed it via an external SWD programmer then you'd be sorted though - just shove the nRF52832DK firmware on there and you're laughing.

I might have a word with them and see if we can arrange a way to get it on the Espruino site - if there's a custom firmware in a format that can be uploaded with their bootloader then it'd be much easier.

• in Puck.js

It's not the switching that's the problem... It's the fact that you're disconnecting the ground wire. Without ground connected, the voltage across the SIM800 will become 0, and as the power wire is connected, the SIM800's ground (and all its signal outputs) will become the same voltage as the power wire.

In this case I guess it's connected to a LiPo battery, which could be 4 volts or so? So either you're putting too many volts into Puck.js's inputs, or you're putting a negative voltage (relative to the SIM800's GND) into the SIM800, which it won't like either!

It's the same reason you're supposed to put the switch for mains-powered devices (like light bulbs) on the live wires, not the neutral wires. If you switch neutral then when the switch is open, the voltage on the neutral wire from the light bulb ends up the same as the live wire - which could be a problem if you weren't expecting it!

• in Puck.js

Great!

BLE has two different types of addresses (possibly 3) - but public means the MAC address is unique in the world, and random means it's probably only unique on your local network. If you don't specify a type, Espruino guesses you meant public.

Quite why a Connection Timeout should cause it to disconnect from your PC I don't know though - hopefully I'll be able to reproduce it here.

• in Electronics

Strange nobody reported this before, but it looks like a bug in the module itself. I've just fixed it I think (but I have nothing to test with!).

Please can you upload again and see if that fixes it?

• in Projects

Thanks - just done! The website won't update immediately though

• in Other Boards

It's a linux-only thing. Basically it quits 'nicely', and then runs a quick check for leaked memory afterwards :)

• in Puck.js

Ok, thanks! Well, at least I have one coming so can check.

• in Puck.js

Could you close/reopen the IDE? It seems to be in kind of an odd state.

Does anything happen on Puck.js during that time?

You could also try booting Puck.js with the button held down until all 3 LEDs come on. On 1v93 that should clear out any pairing information (or garbage that might have got left in that area from older versions of the firmware).

Actions