AkosLukacs

Member since Dec 2015 • Last active Apr 2016
  • 1 conversations
  • 10 comments

Most recent activity

• in Electronics

Honestly, no idea. Theoretically you can remove the IDD measurement jumper, and connect to a different board.
    Both STM's and TI's board have an additional uC for power measurement, and maybe the protocol maybe not that well known...
    Ti's solution looks like heavily tied to their IDE (measuring function level power consumption sounds nice tho). Couldn't find more info about STM ones.

• in ESP8266

@Gordon capitalize your last line, it's simply brilliant :)

Altho not exactly correct if you are other timezone than the UK, and want to get your local time.

• in Electronics

5V supercaps have significant internal resistance, IIRC in the 10-100Ω range. Radio transmission would most likely cause a brown out. Don't know if espruino and the radio runs at 2.5V...

Actually a couple of uC vendors have tools for power measurements, just for inspiration:
    STM has ammeter in some newer Discovery boards: Cortex L4, Cortex L0
    Ti has Energy trace in the MSP432 Launchpad.
    Atmel has Power Debugger as a standalone tool with jtag and other debug stuff.

• in Electronics

Regarding the size of the board: have you considered BGA package? I guess that could be a significant increase in assembly price (x-ray and stuff for bga), and definitely not quickly-handsolder-a-proto friendly, but still...

• in General

Don't know, if you can still get leaded (lead metal) solder, but that has a lower melting point. (obviously not for production && wash your hands after).
    Flux can help a lot. Even if you have rosin cored solder.

• in Electronics

@Gordon Given that this would be a "connected" thing, what about external storage? I'm thinking about

• OTA FW upgrade (although not as required as in a non-scripting micro)
    • Storing certificate(s)
    • Storing Js/Css/Html (if this would act as a http server)

Maybe a uSD card slot, so the user can add any storage?

Or just the place in the layout for an easy-to-buy uSd socket, and don't populate it by default to keep cost low?

• in General

Cool :)
    edit: and sending the reply with ctrl-enter works, nice :)

• in General

Actually I hoped that you know the microco.sm guys :)

If you don't have any "is my site still alive" ping-thing, there are a few reasonably good free ones. Of course if you can actually do anything about it. Not much point annoying yourself if you can't fix it...
    I'm using uptimerobot. And recently found out that the ebil MS / Azure also has one similar service for free that supports somewhat advanced tests with multiple geolocations too.

• in General

@Gordon Don't know, if this is the best place to discuss, or it's already solved, but just saw, that Mozilla persona is shutting down on 2016. november 30: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/mo­zilla.dev.identity/mibOQrD6K0c/kt0NdMWbE­QAJ

Also microcos.sm itself is shutting down. The forum was unavailable for some time during the last holidays. Can't get any hard numbers about when...

Actions