AkosLukacs

Member since Dec 2015 • Last active Jan 2020
  • 16 conversations
  • 332 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Launching without any code did work for me.
    Might (might!) be similar to the issue when you can't turn off after updating from older firmware: the watch just restarts for one-two times if you try to turn it off?

• in General

Deleting / updating too much data in prod. Been there, done that :)
    After talking some more experienced devs, they did it too. But now I always wrap the whole thing in a transaction that rolls back immediately. Something like this:

begin tran
     // select stuff before
     // do delete / update
     // run the same select to check and check number of rows affected
    rollback tran

And re-run with commit if it's ok.

• in General

Is there a way to report spammers as a website owner to gmail / google?

• in General

+1
    Might be related to someone sending spam in private messages, and Gordon disabling that?

• in General

It's "just classic javascript this" :) It's not a because "the module code runs in its own scope".
    At line 21, the this inside the callback function inside the setInterval is not what you would expect. Basically nothing / global scope, because you did not specify the this argument, or used bind. Just JS default behavior. :)
    That's why code was littered with var that = this. But now it's kind-of sort-of solved in ES6 / typescript code.

• in Other Boards

You are on the right way, the 209 decimal in the response is 0b11010001 as shown on the datasheet screenshot!

• in Bangle.js

Keep on working on typescript :)

WRT the Pinetime: it ships with a locked firmware, so you can't change it without opening it. And after opening, it won't be water proof. Search the forum if you are interested in alternatives, a good starting point is Espruino on your watch!

• you have a PM :)
  • in Bangle.js

The MDBT42Q firmware works on the DT28. You have to open it, and there is some kind of glue, so you need a sharp knife to open the back. I don't think it will be water proof without that glue.
    The flash is protected, so you need something that can erase it. The 1-2$ "ST-link" clones can't do it with the default firmware, but should work with black magic probe FW. Or a j-link clone, or a raspberry, or...
    There are a lot of test points on the PCB, soldered wires on them, and recorded the boot sequence with a DSLogic. Uploaded here: https://github.com/AkosLukacs/espruinost­uff/tree/master/DT28

But broke the LCD on mine, so I think that's the end for now...

• in Bangle.js

If you are stuck:

• Reboot without loading any code (release one of the buttons, follow the on-screen instructions). In this state you can connect via BLE.
    • Now you can connect with the app loader, and remove all apps.
    • If not, connect via the web ide. reset(1) and require('Storage').eraseAll() should remove all code.
Actions