Malformed JSON Error

Posted on
Page
of 2
Prev
/ 2
  • I think if Gadgetbridge somehow doesn't receive the last 'packet' (I'm unsure on terminology) it wont get state=="end" so wont go into this if-statement where .unsetBusytask() should have been called.

• @user156090 any news on that Gadgetbridge log? It would make our lives a lot easier trying to fix this, as it might be the activity fetch throws an exception that needs to be fixed in Bangle.js code.

Thanks for tracking that down @Ganblejs! @joserebelo do you have any thoughts about this? I think that was your code for activity fetching...

I know @Ganblejs has added some code on the Recording fetching PR that adds a timeout now, so maybe we could do something here and just say that if the record fetch has started but we don't receive any new records for a few seconds, we automatically end the task.

• Hi there,
    please do excuse, real life got me distracted .... sorry. I am overwhelmed how quick you guys are responding and trying to help!
    Here is the Log I created. I do find it irritating. The device stated several JSON errors, still none are there in that file. But plenty of information not connected to the bangle.
    Anyway here's the log: (at 6p.m. I tried to synchronize)

1 Attachment

• Oh, and just to clayfiy, the device is not only stuck in the effort to synchronize. It is doing do in vain.

• Thanks for the log! Although this is quite odd - I don't see any mention of Bangle.js stuff at all in there - no communications, not even a mention of n.f.g.s.d.b.BangleJSDeviceSupport which should be mentioned a little.

It's as if the watch wasn't even connected?

• That is what I found weird, too.
    To my best knowledge the watch is paired correctly and the app states to be connected as I start the download. Somewhen in that process it does disconnect tough, as I figured out lately.

Tried another time - 7:20pm multiple "malformed json" errors:
    -unterminated object...
    -expect '.' after...
    -names must be strings...
    -expected literal value...
    -unterminated string...
    -unterminated object at character...

attached another log, looks different now. Hope this helps.

1 Attachment

• Stumbled upon a report with logs attached over at the r/Gadgetbridge subreddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gadgetbridge/co­mments/1b82zje/banglejs_2_connects_to_an­droid_phone_but_no_data/

• Thanks! That is perfect! As far as I can tell, there appears to be an issue where if you get a newline right at the beginning of a characteristic that's received, it effectively breaks reception of any extra data.

Honestly it's very strange this hasn't come up before as the code has been like that for over 4 years! And the fact that you would appear to be seeing it all the time but others aren't is even more strange.

I've just pushed a fix, so if you install a nightly build tomorrow this should then work

• Thanx for taking care of!
    I'd love to give it a try, but (and this is most probably an idiots question), could I install the nightly parallel to stable release an connect the bangle to both?

• could I install the nightly parallel to stable release an connect the bangle to both?

I don't think so, no - or if you could it'd almost certainly break!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Malformed JSON Error

Posted by Avatar for PlaidFox @PlaidFox

Actions