App Popularity Stats

Posted on
  • I have opted in for the App installed stats on the main loader.

But cant figure out how you show number of installs.
    I can see the little Red Hearts but no numbers for the number of installs.

I am wondering whats the trick to show the stats ?

Many thanks

• Hovering the mouse over the version number will reveal number of installations and times the app was favourited.

EDIT: I found appusage.json in this commit, which is used to log installs and favourites.

• Aha. Thank you. The stats are actually quite disappointing. Anton clock 80 installs, BW 16, Circles Clock 10 and Daisy 7. Would seem the majority of users just stick with the basic Anton clock. I tend to alternate between BW clock and one of my own clocks like Lato, Daisy, Pastel etc.

• I suddenly feel the need to defend myself for using Anton clock (plus). I like it, it has seconds and displays the date including weekday. What more do I need? I don't use Gadgetbridge so no weather and I don't care about my daily steps.

• No need to defend your config. It is your config.
    Thats the point of BangleJS, its your watch etc.

I'm just surprised that with 2000 B2s sold the top clock after Anton CLock (BW) clock only shows 16 installs. This could be because many are not using the Bangle 2 as their primary smart watch. I have gone all in now. Or maybe I have not allowed for enough time to elapse for the stats to collect.

I do remember seeing a report that @Gordon generated from the server which showed hundreds of downloads of different Apps on Bangle1. So maybe the opt-in feature to collect the stats has only been activated by a small minority of the userbase so far.

• Bootloader will be installed on close to every bangle in active use, that is on 151 installs currently. Is think there are just not yet that many people reporting those statistics. That makes for about 10% of reporting users having installed BW-Clock and "only" half having Anton. Since Anton is preinstalled that is actually a surprising amount of users having actively removed Anton.
    Maybe showing a percentage from available reports additionally to the number would be helpful to gauge interest.

• "only" half having Anton. Since Anton is preinstalled that is actually a surprising amount of users having actively removed Anton.

Yes - don't be downhearted about the lack of installs. It's more that because I don't enable stat reporting by default we don't get that much usage info reported!

Maybe showing a percentage from available reports additionally to the number would be helpful to gauge interest.

PRs welcome ;)

• Do you still have that script that shows the number of actual downloads ? I think you just grepped it out of the server logs.

• PRs welcome ;)

OK :) #44

• Do you still have that script that shows the number of actual downloads ?

I'm afraid not - I've had to clear the server logs too - I was running out of space on the server and couldn't keep 10 years, 40gb of text file logs :)

And thanks! Just merged :)

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

App Popularity Stats

Posted by Avatar for HughB @HughB

Actions