maddogskullcap

Member since Jan 2024 • Last active Jan 2024
  • 3 conversations
  • 19 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Yes! That sounds very very similar to my issue. I still have to do further troubleshooting to confirm though. Thank you for the reply!

• in Bangle.js

Thank you so much for all of this great information @Gordon. As well as your fantastic presence and assistance on the forums in general! This clarified a lot for me.

• in Bangle.js

Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtEdM2w1­VDM

It is from a year ago, so functionality has probably been updated since. Yes, I did see in the OSM settings you can choose from the direction of movement or compass. Just wanted some clarification from those who use the app. Thank you for the reply!

• in Bangle.js

Thank you for the reply! It's never the exact same area and I've tried different size and had the 3bit checked or unchecked. I'll visit the ide and find out some more info in that env. I'll also attach the file as well. Thank you for the tips @user140377.

• in Bangle.js

Thanks for the reply @Gordon! I did update to 2v20 when I was having issues connecting to gadgetbridge originally. It's had this same map behavior since I bought the device when I had to use a web browser to install applications before I could connect to gadgetbridge and upload from there. I've factory reset twice since then as well.

• in Bangle.js

I have not been able to find proper documentation on how the Open Street Maps app on the Bangle interacts/functions with Android map apps like OSMand and Google Maps. Hoping some can clarify how they function together if at all.

1. Does OSMand~ on F-droid have the same gadgetbridge compatibility as OSMand+ on the playstore? I can't seem to find any clear answers. Curious because I obviously want directions to be able to pop-up on my bangle. I've seen conflicting info on the internet.

2. If I have a gadgetbridge compatible maps app like OSMand+ and set a destination, then open OSM on my bangle. Will a waypoint be created on OSM on my bangle? I don't see any other way to add a waypoint on the bangle app.

3. When I have a compatible map app will OSM on the bangle show the pop-up directions so that I only need to look at the bangle to know when to turn as well as my location?

4. Do I need the compass app? I saw a YouTuber who made a video on tracking bike routes with the OSM app on the Bangle.JS 2 say you need the compass app but i don't see that in the OSM docs.

5. Is there a way for OSM to automatically pull up once you set a destination on ur phone? Similar to the music controls app?

6. How do others use OSM on their bangle? Or is it at all usable for directions on ur wrist?

7. Settings recommendations for the best experience?

• in Bangle.js

I have been unable to properly upload maps from Open Street Maps on the Bangle.JS 2. It allows me to upload the area I want, but when it open it on the bangle it only seems to have uploaded a slice of the area I selected. It always seems to be the same area/shape on the uploaded map as well? As if that's the maximum area it can show.

Troubleshooting:

• uninstall/reinstall OSM from the bangle multiple times
    • reload/full reboot the bangle after it finishes uploading
    • remove old map and try again multiple times with different sizes and settings
    • let the bangle sit without opening OSM after it claims its finished uploading in case it's still uploading

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Actions