Member since Jun 2020 • Last active May 2022
  • 39 conversations
  • 193 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Have you done any tests?

Unfortunately, not.

• in Bangle.js

Make sure your whitelist option in settings app is empty, I once forgot that I setup a whitelist for mac address. Also make sure programmable is true. Double check those settings under bluetooth inside your bangle. These problems are often something silly.

Also, you should try entering DFU targ mode and see if the NRF DFU app from play store can connect to it, I mean simulate a firmware update. This would test the hardware is working fine still.

• in Bangle.js

Since the powerSave feature reduces the polling Interval for accelerometer etc. when its detected that the device is stationary, but not when its moving. I was wondering if its good idea to put this in the settings app: powersave = auto/on/off.
    Three modes.
    auto = when stationary
    on = polling interval 800ms always
    off = polling interval 80ms always

The only downside I see is that the user might not be aware of how it makes the accelerometer less reliable/accurate. So would have to make that clear, or put a warning when changing that setting? Or could name the setting something strange like "Accelerometer Power". Then its clear that when its off, you can't also rely on using the accelerometer.

I personally do not use the accelerometer and so I put a .boot.js file with pollingInterval 800 to increase battery usage/life.

Thoughts?

• in Bangle.js

So there isn't much penalty to uploading the larger 'weekly' agps length, other than time spent uploading? I specifically chose the day one because I thought its using less flash storage. If thats true, I think I will always select the weekly one from now on.

• in Bangle.js

Do they get automatically deleted when they expire? Or over time would this clog up space and I should be manually deleting them over time?

• in Bangle.js

176 / 160 = 1.1 exactly.
    So every 1.1 units of LCD display, is roughly 1 touch pixel. The touch callback is returning LCD pixels, not touch pixels because it wants to abstract that away, its mostly irrelevant.

the callback fires, converts the touch pixel into LCD pixels, and gives you that, so you can work with LCD pixels without converting.

• in Bangle.js

I dont have a Bangle v2, but out of curiosity, how does the touch callback fire? If you touch screen does it fire for each touchPixel that is touched, because I would imagine the finger hits multiple co-ordinates. Or does it just fire once? Or does the callback return a list of co-ordinates? If it fires just once, then how does it choose which touchPixel out of the possible ones that it touched, hm, does it take the center? Averge of them all, mb.
    I might check this out in code.
    Edit: looked at the code, its very automatically done by the touch controller device. Command is sent to it, and then read from it, and it returns a value from 0-160. So its handled by it, assuming it uses some sort of averaging to find center pixel.

• in Bangle.js

Ye i edited my msg, the thing about rounding isn't so true I think. Its just division, then flooring.

Actions