Navigation with Maps

Posted on
Page
of 2
Prev
/ 2
  • Before testing the new navigation mentioned in this thread I've had notifications off for my map app (Osmand+), since the constant updating of the navigation notification caused a constant number of notification events on the bangle.js. Must have been about a year since I tested that last though...

• I've just pushed some changes which attempt (in the dev app loader) to get rid of some of the annoying repeated buzzing in the messages app

• The only thing I've noticed is Google maps is very persistent in sending new nav messages while using it, so messages always tries to open these up if you are on the clock or in the launcher.

At one point I thought it was working where if you were actively using navigation you could tap on the display to transition back to the clock and it would stay there until you hit the flashing nav icon in the widget bar to get back to the nav message gui.

• Google maps is very persistent in sending new nav messages while using it, so messages always tries to open these up if you are on the clock or in the launcher.

Yes, that is an annoying one. Just pushed a fix to the dev app loader

• I'm interested in using OsmAnd with the Bangle.js 2 but didn't get how you realized that. Could you please give me a hint how to enable the "OsmAnd Pebble Mode" with filtering normal notifications in Gadgetbridge? Are you able to explain that a bit more detailed?

• I had just enabled the Pebble-messages and disabled normal notifications for OsmAnd in the GadgetBridge notification filters. But at least for the current Bangle.JS GadgetBridge nightly installed from FDroid this seems to be no longer needed. With the default Message UI app the navigation messages seem to be handled correctly via some kind of native OsmAnd integration. At least I see arrows and symbols for things like roundabouts when using navigation with OsmAnd.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Navigation with Maps

Posted by Avatar for Poolitzer @Poolitzer

Actions