johan_m_o

Member since Sep 2021 • Last active Apr 2024
  • 3 conversations
  • 205 comments

Most recent activity

• 10 comments
  • in Bangle.js

https://www.espruino.com/Bangle.js2+Disa­ssembly

I have a 3D-printer, so it was quite easy to control the temperature for softening the glue.

• in Bangle.js

I'm officially putting this poor watch to rest. I must have broken something with all the testing and fiddling and no matter how I prod and squeeze I can't get Bluetooth connected anymore.

It was worth a shot though...

• in Bangle.js

That last suggestion sounds like a great idea. I'll give that a go tonight.

• in Bangle.js

Quick update...

This weekend I opened up the watch and tried fixing things. Not much luck though.

It seems like the sprung terminal has been making a dimple in the pad connected to the case and doesn't reach it anymore without some pressure on the top of the PCB. I tested various means of making sure it reaches (like putting a thin shim underneath the pad), and I can get it to function for a while but eventually connection is lost again and only pinching the watch makes it connect.

Could also be that the connector is loose on the PCB, but I saw no signs of that.

Apart from the above I also made sure everything was clean.

It's not looking good so far.

• in Bangle.js

I do not have a hotplate (although it's on the shopping/diy list), but maybe this is a great excuse to finally get one (I could get an MHP30 for about the same price I would pay for a new Bangle including shipping and fees). But, since I just tested pinching the top right corner and the watch immediately connected to my phone it sounds like I won't need a hotplate.

I'm gonna open it up and see what I can do...

• in Bangle.js

Seems like my Bangle.js 2 is giving up... It's an original Kickstarter watch and yesterday it suddenly wouldn't connect to my phone anymore.

Turns out that bluetooth is being very flaky... It will intermittently work for a short period but then it'll stop working again and no matter what I do I cannot get it connected again. Even tested on different devices.

Factory resetting the watch did not help, and even in DFU mode it'll refuse to connect or even show up most of the time. Even managed to semi-brick it even attempting to install the stable v21 release, since something went wrong during flashing and the watch got stuck looping with a bank0 error. Could get into DFU but nothing else. Eventually managed to get it flashed properly again, but no dice on Bluetooth.

Everything points to the hardware dying, but just figured I'd hop on here and see if there's anything else I can look at. Opening it up is well within my capabilities if that could help...

• in Bangle.js
    1. Make sure the watch isn't paired in the phone's Bluetooth settings.
    2. Make sure the watch isn't connected to any other device.
    3. Enable Passkey in Settings -> Bluetooth on the watch.
    4. Connect the watch through Gadgetbridge and choose not to pair.

That's what seems to have worked on the other thread you replied to (for a GrapheneOS user).

• in Bangle.js

Don't pair directly in the device's Bluetooth settings. If you have already, unpair it.

Use the "Connect" button in the App loader, or "Connect new device" in Gadgetbridge (and it might even be beneficial to choose the option not to pair there).

That's something to start with...

Actions