johan_m_o

Member since Sep 2021 • Last active Sep 2022
  • 2 conversations
  • 181 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Yeah... The main problem is that people do not understand what the IP-ratings for dust- and waterproofness actually mean. They see "IP67, waterproof to 1 meter for 30 minutes" and think: "Great, I can swim with that as long as I don't dive". When in reality you shouldn't even let a watch with that rating go under the tap while washing your hands (unless you have a really soft flowing tap)...

• in Bangle.js

It is white down the hole when I check, so I guess my was one of those. How do we proceed?

White means that the membrane is in place and everything is as it should (apart from the dead watch, of course).

• in Bangle.js

Considering it doesn't look like that watch face even uses seconds it seems weird to redraw it that often... That would do it though.

• in Bangle.js

Normally you should be able to go about a week without charging, unless you run the GPS all the time or have something else keeping the watch awake.

• in Bangle.js

As @Gordon said above, the 1 meter for 30 seconds rating is at optimal conditions. As soon as you move your arm in the water you're going to exceed the pressure that an IP67 rating is for. Basically it's splash proof and might survive a quick accidental dunk, nothing more...

If you want something that could be called waterproof you need to have at least IP68.

• in Bangle.js

That was this type? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/293495192890

I must admit I was a little concerned that the area to the side of the cut-out might be a bit weak - but that's not what broke in this case?

Similar... I can't find the link right now, but it was a couple of generic silicone straps from Amazon. I'm uploading a photo of the break.

• in Bangle.js

Pretty sure there has been conversations on this topic previously, but what I've found is that raising the threshold and lowering the timeout while leaving max Y alone gives me what I want. I'm currently using threshold 0.2 and have the timeout set to 500.

• in Bangle.js

I know one or two people (one very recently) had the band fail on their strap and I guess this removes that as a possibility.

I bought a couple of similar silicone straps off of Amazon and one of them has failed at the pin. The silicone has just torn.

• in Bangle.js

Actually, It doesn't pop up a window or anything (maybe just a quick 'toast' message) - it just writes the file.

In this case, when I say "nothing happens" I mean that no file is written (I check the folder).

But I'll try to take a closer look at a logcat, maybe try to reset things, etc...

Actions