• I can not load any code from file into the IDE on Android 13.
    It works in Chromium on Raspberry but this doesnt support Web Bluetooth.

I dont have a PC.

Copying and pasting from another app doesnt work either, cause you need to delete the old code character by character, cant be replaced.

Does anybody have an idea what I could try?

• It seemes to work in Opera.

• Well, it does not. Web Bluetooth does not work in Opera.

• I just tried with Bromite on Android 13, Sony Xperia 10 iv, and uploading a file from android storage to bangle storage worked.

If I want to edit the code in the IDE I can click the 'Copy to Editor' when inspecting the file.

• great, I was using Edge now, but I cant edit properly in Edge on Android.
    So I am using the emulator on the Pi for testing.

Will try Bromite, had not heard of it before.

• I haven't really used my phone to edit code, so can't speak to how well that works in the Web IDE.

• Ok, so just to confirm: You're using Edge on Android?

Because I just tried with Chrome on Android here (which is what I'd suggest) and it does work fine - I just have to click 'Open' and then choose to use the 'Files' app to choose a file to load up.

If you're seriously doing development on Android maybe also install the Hackers Keyboard on it. That allows for shortcuts - for instance Ctrl+Alt+A can select all and you can then hit delete to delete everything

It also allows for tab complete which is a saviour if you're ever using the REPL

• Yes I am using Edge since Chrome would not let me open the file.
    I open it but it the same way but does not import, it seems a bit like its replaced with the cached file immediately.
    Its Android 13 in Samsung flavour. I am using a Raspberry now to program and test with the emulator, and switch to Edge on Android just for uploading it on the watch.

I had similar but different issues with caching in an other browser based IDE, Faust in Chrome.

• It might also maybe be a new security feature, I am not sure, it seems that some rights where apps can read and write have changed recently.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

IDE does not load code from local storage on Android 13 ( Chrome)

Posted by Avatar for ga @ga

Actions