You are reading a single comment by @Raik and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hi - sorry to hear that - it does seem you've been very unlucky with these! To be fair we did replace both free of charge as far as I can tell? and I think you got the original watch around 2 years ago now?

It's a very odd failure if the button is still clicking - normally I'd put that down to a bit of water getting in around the button and subsequent corrosion, but as you say it's not been near any water recently. I guess it might not be one big event but just a bunch of small times that added up - it may well be that just putting it somewhere warm for a few days will dry up inside if it had got very slightly humid in there and it might start working again.

It's a frustrating issue as probably the button is still fine. BTN1.write(0);BTN1.read() will likely return false - it's just the resistance of the button has decreased slightly and the internal pulldown in the chip can't counteract it any more - but I don't believe there's any way for us to counteract that in software.

• To be fair we did replace both free of charge as far as I can tell? and I think you got the original watch around 2 years ago now?

Yes indeed and I am very grateful for you to be so fourthcoming!

What's strange indeed is that the looping will stop eventually, than I can connect to the watch via BT normally. I did the BTN1.write(0);BTN1.read() as you suggested and it returns false.
    But as soon as you start working with it it will start the loop again eventually.
    When I then do the BTN1.write(0);BTN1.read() in the brief 3 seconds before it reloads again it will return true.

I'll let it sit for while, lets see.

Lets suppose I would try to open it, how or what could I check and/or repair inside?

About