Raik

Member since Dec 2019 • Last active Jun 2021
  • 11 conversations
  • 117 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

if you try one of the 'cutting edge' builds I changed this last week so it should stop happening now

I flashed 2v09.87 a few days ago and it indeed seems to be resolved

• in Bangle.js

I experience the same behaviour, not sure if it started with 2v08 though.
    Numerals clock, Gadgetbridge, full screen notifications, most of the time I get endless vibration.
    It does not happen with the Morphing clock.
    Not sure what it is that I'm doing differently in the Numerals code and no idea how to debug it...

• in Bangle.js

Ok, so I did not have time yesterday evening to reset everything, but I flashed 2v07 to see if it changes anything.
    This morning I unplugged and battery went from 100% down to 75% in 5 hours.

So around noon I took time to flash 2v08 and install default apps. I then reuploaded my usual apps and widgets but left out the custom boot. Now it lost only 1% in the last 2 hours.

So something fishy was going on, like some process not shutting down and drawing power all the time.

But as I said I think it started when I started messing around with the powerSave setting. Could it be, that once it is disable it does not automatically reenable if the setting is removed? I did try Bangle.setOptions({powerSave:true}) but that didn't seem to help though. (Then again you said even with it disabled it shouldn't draw more the 1mah...)

• in Bangle.js

And it's definitely 2v08 and not a cutting edge build that you installed?

Yes, I double checked.

Even better if you can just install default apps in the app loader to rule out any apps/widgets you might have installed.

I'll give it a try.

Is the screen ever turning off?

Yes it is. It behaves normally as far as I can tell, only the battery indicator is going down way too quickly. BTW at 77% now, thats 7% in 3 hours...

• in Bangle.js

I think something is wrong with my watch. Ever since I tested the powerSave:false option my battery drains really fast. Yesterday I lost about 80% in one day, literally doing nothing except showing time once in a while.

I reflashed 2v08 yesterday evening and explicitly added the powerSave:true to the custom.boot.js but today after fully charging over night I'm down to 84% after 5 hours.

Is there a way to check if powerSave is already enabled?

• in Bangle.js

@Raik is there any trick to it? eg movement?

Not sure. I'm wearing it and I have wake on twist enabled. I uploaded the code and when I later checked the Web IDE it was disconnected. That's when I saw that my default watch face (Numerals) was loaded, but with a incorrect time, like 02:05.
    So it seems to reboot and "forget" the current time. Strange indeed. The Web IDE console did not show any error messages though.
    I also seems to happen very irregularly, now its running for over and hour working fine.

BTW: I did not press any buttons in the meantime.

• in Bangle.js

ChangeLog from 2v07 says:

Shrink new vector font sizes to allow multi-line use (fix #1873)

related to this issue: https://github.com/espruino/Espruino/iss­ues/1873

So yeah, I guess this is more or less intended behaviour.

• in Bangle.js

I can reproduce it. Uploaded your clock to my watch (only RAM) and it crashed 3 times now after different amounts of time.
    I'm on 2v07 btw.

• in Bangle.js

Which clock face are you running / can you share the code if it is a custom one?

• in Bangle.js

I think if .hide got called twice it could cause problems by the look of it.

That seems to have fixed it. I did not have the issue since. :-)

Actions