You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • You mentioned it in the button thread too I think, but I really don't think your wife's Bangle is broken!

Also before the reboot she cannot open the launcher, the ui was frozen.

Ok, thanks for trying default apps. Well, at least that narrows it down - so the clock is still running (internally), it's just not responding to input or updating the screen.

• Does a ~2 sec button press do anything, or is it a full reboot (via the bootloader) that's required?
    • When it's frozen, can you connect by Bluetooth?
    • If you plug/unplug the charger when it's frozen, does the Bangle vibrate? I'm trying to work out whether the issue is that the display has stopped updating, or whether everything is locked up.

As always, it's extremely difficult for me to debug and fix issues happening on the other side of the world, so if anyone can come up with a way of reliably (or even semi-reliably) making this happen so I can reproduce here then it'll be much easier for me to sort it out.

• Does a ~2 sec button press do anything, or is it a full reboot (via the bootloader) that's required?

Nothing, it need a full reboot.

When it's frozen, can you connect by Bluetooth? / If you plug/unplug the charger when it's frozen, does the Bangle vibrate?

I don't know, I haven't tried :-( If it happens again I will do these checks.

Thanks for now :-)

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started