Alessandro

Member since Oct 2021 • Last active Jun 2022
  • 7 conversations
  • 138 comments

Most recent activity

• 4 comments
  • in Bangle.js

I don't think we should make the clock do this

I just realized that a clockface hourstrike wouldn't work if the clock is not active 😅 Yes, bootcode should be a better place for it.

How about linking it to Quiet Mode?

That's what I was thinking! In a local branch I'm trying to "merge" the Quiet Mode Schedule into the default quiet mode menu - imho there's no need to have a "quiet mode" menu and a different app to manage it.

We can make qmsched emit an event when switching, and have ClockFace force a redraw when that happens, so the clock can adjust it's precision then.

I like it!

• in Bangle.js

You could use the new ClockFace library and avoid low-level boilerplate :)

• in Bangle.js

It's a typo - the correct name of the function is meridian ;-)

I just opened a PR to fix the tutorial.

• in Bangle.js

Hello!

I started to upgrade existing clocks to ClockFace lib. With more ClockFace-based clocks I think we could aim to a better unified "standard" features (so we can remove old and bugged apps/widgets and avoid to duplicate code (less code = less bugs!))

I was think about some features I'd like to see in the library:

• configurable buzz at hour/half hour (similar to [https://github.com/espruino/BangleApps/t­ree/master/apps/hourstrike] - I tried this app for a while but I noticed it is bugged (sometimes it does not work or it works twice) and I wasn't able to fix :( With ClockFace_menu we can configure start/end hours, the type of buzz etc.)
    • a configurable night/sleep mode - eg NotAnalog Clock stops updating the clock after midnight (but it wakes itself if user unlock the watch) - This could be an alternative to turning off the watch every night.

What do you think?

Tag for @rigrig as they're the creator of ClockFace :-)

• in Bangle.js

my seiko watch face which I assume the watch face shouldn’t be draining too much battery as it’s using drawImages.

If the clock face updates every second then it'll drain a lot of battery. Do you turn off the watch at night?

Many clock faces update seconds only when screen is unlocked to preserve battery.

• in Bangle.js

Have you set up an allow application list? If yes, the phone/caller app is in the allow list?

• in Bangle.js

aaaahn, understood! I'm not a Javascript expert, I thought they were the same thing!

• in Bangle.js

Hi!
    I already tried to update this.precision but it does not work :(

precision: 60,
      update: (time, changed) => {
        console.log("test: " + this.precision) <-- the first time this.precision is undefined
        this.precision = 1
    }

• in Bangle.js

Agree, your solution is much better.

What do you think about a variable "precision"? Eg 60 seconds when Bangle is locked and 1 second when unlocked? (customizable)

My use case is that on my custom clock (using Clock Face + Layout) I want to show the next timer. I update the residual time every minute (eg. ~10m, ~5m, ~2m etc.) but when timer is < 1m I'd want to update every second.

Is a variable precision something we could add to the module? Maybe the return value of draw()/update() will be set as next precision? If undefined the default precision will be used.

What do you think?

Actions