You are reading a single comment by @HughB and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • On Bangle 1 I came to the conclusion that confidence was a waste of time and it was better ignored and heart rate averaged

My impression is exactly opposite right now. Should have a real statistic by tomoorow. But it seems HR is really good when confidence is high (>90) and way off with low confidence which would make any averages useless. I got this impression from looking on BT HRM which show all relevant values.

• If you look at the first 4 rows in the screenshot. Heart rate 99 - confidence 40, then confidence is 0 for the next 8 readings but most were close to 100 bpm.

• Did some statistics. We were both right sort of:
    While the standard deviation gets much bigger with lower confidence and also the mean error gets bigger, it is still not as totally off as I would have expected:

See scatter plot of dHR over confidence (dHR is differnce between bangle reading and a polar H10) and the standard deviation over confidence in the two attached pictures.

This recording is from walking on pavement and driving car as a passanger. For an other recording with walking on rough terrain, the result is pretty much the same, just higher amount of data with low confidence.

About