wimoto

Member since Feb 2014 • Last active May 2014
  • 2 conversations
  • 7 comments

Most recent activity

• in General

WizNet will apparently have an SSL stack for ARM Cortex shortly. However, it sounds like you'll have to license it on a per-device basis and no word on if it'll be available gratis to hobbyists.

-m

• in General

Hi @Gordon,

When you say "next-gen networking chips", do you mean WizNet are finally putting SSL in silicon? Any word on timing for that? :)

This also looks promising:

http://www.matrixssl.org

-m

-m

• in General

The STM32F1xx should be capable of doing some forms of TLS.

There're a number of commercial TLS products that include this chip, although they're obviously C or C++ linker libraries.

There're also a number of Javascript projects which could be "gutted" to run on Espruino and either provide ad-hoc encryption over HTTP, or possibly even a lightweight, barebones TLS implementation (pick the most popular/least taxing cipher, for example):

• CryptoJS
    • Forge
    • Stanford Javascript Crypto Library

I may have a crack at this, time depending.

-m

• in General

Hi Gordon,

If someone wanted to write commercial code (i.e. use Espruino to program their own closed devices), what would be the implications license-wise? Is there a commercial-license available that'd compensate you suitably?

(Note: I'm not talking about distributing Espruino for use on the devices; just writing our own code in Javascript using Espruino).

Thx.

-m

• 7 comments
  • in General

Indeed, it does seem that SPI might not working. I haven't 'scoped it yet, but my wiring seems fine with a known working Adafruit CC3000, and the module is timing out (which is good :) ).

Will have a poke around and see if I can help fix it.

-m

• in General

Thanks, Gordon!

Would it be useful for me to contribute a pre-built binary back to the community? Or is the intention of not having it enabled because the codebase is still in flux and possibly not stable?

• in General

Hi,

I think what I'm understanding from a few searches of the forum is that the CC3000 code/module isn't enabled on the F4 Discovery board binary builds? Is that correct?

I'm currently getting "module not found" from the IDE, although not the "official" error message; just in the console.

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

-m

Actions