F4 Discovery and CC3000?

Posted on
  • Hi,

I think what I'm understanding from a few searches of the forum is that the CC3000 code/module isn't enabled on the F4 Discovery board binary builds? Is that correct?

I'm currently getting "module not found" from the IDE, although not the "official" error message; just in the console.

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

-m

• Yes, it's not enabled by default. You may be able to add it in the makefile and rebuild I guess...

• Thanks, Gordon!

Would it be useful for me to contribute a pre-built binary back to the community? Or is the intention of not having it enabled because the codebase is still in flux and possibly not stable?

• Well, there's another post on here at the moment about SPI on the F4 board not working properly in later versions, so I'm afraid that might need fixing too. Hopefully it's something I will be able to sort out in a week or so but obviously it's not as high priority as the problems that affect the KickStarter supporters.

If you find the CC3000 does work fine then I'd be happy to enable support in the builds though. I don't see any reason not to as the F4 has plenty of memory.

• Indeed, it does seem that SPI might not working. I haven't 'scoped it yet, but my wiring seems fine with a known working Adafruit CC3000, and the module is timing out (which is good :) ).

Will have a poke around and see if I can help fix it.

-m

• Thanks! If it helps the other post with SPI troubles was here: http://forum.espruino.com/conversations/­438/#comment8225

• Right, I just fixed this... The fix will be in 1v51, and I'll compile in CC3000 support for F4.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

F4 Discovery and CC3000?

Posted by Avatar for wimoto @wimoto

Actions