thejevans

Member since Jan 2024 • Last active Apr 2024
  • 1 conversations
  • 5 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

@Gordon I just got this bootloop problem today. My button feels clicky even though it is registering as pressed and I saw it start happening in front of me as it was right when I got a notification. I've worn it while riding my bike in the rain a couple times, but it's been weeks since the last time, and I don't get it wet any other way. I got the watch for Christmas '23.

The screen backlight is also flickering a bit. It definitely wasn't doing that before this started.

• in Bangle.js

Good to know. Then it's solved. Thanks!

• in Bangle.js

Interesting. Thanks!

I'll still test this with my partner's Pixel 6a this week, but this works great as a workaround.

• in Bangle.js

No dice, unfortunately.

I figured it could be an issue that was specific to GrapheneOS, but I had seen at least one post from someone saying they had theirs working on GrapheneOS without issues, and I've seen tons of others using Gadgetbridge with other watches with no problems.

As an extra data point, I can pair the watch using the system bluetooth settings, just not in Gadgetbridge.

• in Bangle.js

I recently started playing with my new Bangle.js 2. When attempting to pair the watch in the Gadgetbridge app, I get this toast: Bonding with %1$s failed immediately after the phone attempts to pair for 10 seconds or so.

I made sure that all the permissions are granted to Gadgetbridge.

I tested with these versions of the Gadgetbridge app:

1. Bangle.js Gadgetbridge on F-Droid
    2. Gadgetbridge on F-Driod
    3. Bangle.js Gadgetbridge on Aurora Store
    4. Bangle.js Gadgetbridge on Google Play Store

I made sure to update all apps on the Bangle.js 2 and used the "Install Default Apps" option on the App Loader multiple times (followed by installing the Android integration).

I restarted my phone between tests.

I made sure I was far away from other Bluetooth devices when trying to connect.

I run GrapheneOS, so I also tested with the "Exploit protection compatibility mode" setting enabled.

Phone:
    Google Pixel 7
    Android 14 (GrapheneOS 21)

I might be able to test with a stock Pixel 6a in a few days as well.

Gadgetbridge debug log attached.

Actions