2WeltenChris

Member since Aug 2021 • Last active Sep 2021
  • 2 conversations
  • 9 comments

Living in 2 worlds: As digital native in one, as 4th generation entrepreneur in quite another. My mission: Bridgebuilding.

Most recent activity

• in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

I just tried - it wasn't the link security though. :(

What irritates me is that it's listed on my desktop PC, my laptop, my Android phone, ... only the Dell thin client doesn't see it. Though when I clone it in the NRF Connect App the cloned "device" gets listed also on the thin client. That's very strange!

Anyway - thank you very much for your help!! No thanks to Dell though. ;)

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be the MAC address. Changed it to the one my bluetooth keyboard has (switched that one off of course): nothing. Changed it to a public one: nothing. -_-

Also: Other devices with random MAC address are recognized correctly.

Any other idea what could cause this behaviour?

Hi Gordon,

yes - I tested it with another bluetooth keyboard and that worked fine. I also tried it with another Puck which wasn't recognized either. And both Pucks were not connected to any other device at the time of testing.

I will try with another bluetooth address. Hope this helps.

Hi everyone,

after getting Puck.js working as a BLE keyboard like a charm with my laptop, I now tried to connect to it from a Thin Client. However, other than my laptop and my mobile phone, the thin client does not find Puck.js or maybe ignores it for some unknown reason.

What irritates me is that if I clone the BLE frame using the NRF Connect app on Android, my phone is recognized by the thin client without a problem.

I also tried increasing the advertising interval and disabling the UART service. But unfortunately that has no effect either.

I'm not very deep into bluetooth internals so it might well be that I oversee something important. So if someone has a tipp on where I should tweak a little bit, I would be very grateful!

Thanks & regards
    Chris

It worked after rebooting my laptop. -_- This is so cliché: "Have you tried turning it off and on again?" :D

Sometimes the solution can be so simple. Thanks!

That definitely makes sense! Thank you very much!

I will check - a bluetooth stick for testing it on another computer is on its way anyway. So update comes asap. Trying to reboot my laptop meanwhile.

Just one more question: To test my code I do have to connect it to my PC as a keyboard (I always removed the device after testing). How to prevent this behaviour in the first place? Is it only possible to develop on one computer and test it on another?

I tried loading it up to the RAM and also tried loading it up to Flash. In both cases it disconnects after the upload and on reconnecting it appears as no code has been uploaded.

And yes - I did soft reset and hard reset. And I tried re-uploading the firmware. I would have guessed that at least one of these would erase every malfunctioning code I had uploaded before.

I have one more clue: I just looked at the JS console of the IDE and it says

SEND ERROR: NotSupportedError: GATT operation failed for unknown reason.

Sorry - sould have looked there earlier. :/

Hello everyone,

I'm new to Espruino and can't figure out what I am doing wrong:

I have a Puck.js (version 1 which I updated to version 2.10) and tried to play with the BLE keyboard tutorial. First everything worked just fine. But then I presume I uploaded some broken code and now everytime I try to send new code from the Web IDE it automatically disconnects after the data was sent (it didn't do that before if I'm not completely crazy). The code that was sent to Puck.js seems to be lost. And even a hard reset and reflashing the firmware didn't help.

I'm completely lost! If someone could please help me. Thank very much in advance!

Cheers,
    Chris

PS: A new Version 2 Puck.js is on its way. And I fear I could break it as well. So understanding what happended here and how I can prevent it from happening again would be great!

Actions