• 98 comments

Most recent activity

• 9 comments
  • in Puck.js

@Gordon Hmm. I'm using

NRF.findDevices(function(devices) {
      console.log(devices);
    }, 1000);

but I'm barely getting 10 meters range, let alone 80!

Flashed firmware to both devices, did NRF.setTxPower(4) on both devices.... just not getting any sort of range.

Any ideas?

• in Puck.js

Well I'm not trying to track through walls or anything, just in a very large space. 1500m2. However thats 30m x 50m.

Now my brain gets confused because geometry was never a strong suit (oh yes I'm looking forward to the triangulation maths), because in theory that means a single puck (with 50m range) could cover the entire space? Or am I mad?

• in Puck.js

@Gordon btw, what is the rough maximum ranges (rx, tx) of the bluetooth module in Puck?

• in Puck.js

I think I like both approaches. Problem with RPZ-W's is, everywhere that sells them is one per customer and I need at least 3 for triangulation!

Good to know its plausible.

Are you still on 2 day shipping on Tindie? I'm gonna need a few Puck's ASAP. I want to order direct but if somewhere else ships faster it'll have to be them.

• in Puck.js

I'm looking for a solution to tracking people as they move around in a space and I'm wondering if attaching some Pucks to the people will give me something workable.

I'm guessing I can use some form of triangulation based on signal strength if I set up some Pucks around the space as well?

Has anyone had any experience doing this sort of thing? @Gordon know anybody that has achieved this, or if it is even possible given the capabilities of the Puck?

I'd need to be able to differentiate between two people standing within a couple of feet of each other.

• in Pico / Wifi / Original Espruino

Change your host from host: 'http://192.168.1.66', to host: '192.168.1.66', and give that a try.

• 18 comments

Thats with flow control on.

1382400 is the highest baud I can get that is reliable.

Actions