opichals

Member since Jun 2014 • Last active Jun 2017
  • 3 conversations
  • 7 comments

Most recent activity

• 6 comments
  • in ESP32

I like wemos d1 with ESP8266 so I thought that getting wemos built esp32 board would be good as it also has 4MB flash available. See https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?cat­Id=0&initiative_id=AS_20170420235556&Sea­rchText=LoLin32 Would this be a good board to get to start playing with the ESP32 Espruino?

• started
    • 4 comments
  • in ESP8266

Hi!

Just reading about the new ESP3212 (on sale at seedstudio). Wouldn't that one be a good candidate to run Espruino on?

Best Regards
    Standa

• in Interfacing

I think about Bluetooth PAN as a way to get espruino on the net. Having a server with a bluetooth dongle for supporting PAN would suffice.

I am also not sure how does it actually work under the hood (yet).

• in Interfacing

Hi!

Has anyone thought about hooking espruino to the net using bluetooth tethering? Anyone having an idea on what would it take to make this happen?

Best Regards
    Standa

• in General

Well, not for Europe I am affraid ;(

United States Postal Service Priority Mail Express International $46.00 - $58.00

The W5100's would ship free anywhere on the globe. $10 vs $20 is still very significant when you want to build a network of devices :)

• in General

Hi!

I would also like to get something more common. Getting the Wiz550io is like $17 for the module itself and $40 for shipping. eBay is full of W5100 Arduino shields under $10 (free international shipping).

Do you think the w5100 would work with some of the tweaking mentioned above? Or is there any fundamental problem? From what I can see is that the w5500 has double the internal buffer and number of channels. Something I could live with wrt features.

Any hints welcome!
    Standa

• in Projects

Hi!

I selected our house Garage & Entrance Gate mobile phone remote as my first real embedded device project ever with espruino. I have got background in low-level driver development as well as modern single page web apps recently it would hopefully turn into something at least functional.

I can already see it is not going to be a single technology thing. One would be the Garage door remote in use 'Hormann-HSM4-868-MHz-4-channel' and the other Nice Robus 433MHz-based remote. I read that both implement 'rolling code' security and I am not sure I should dig too deep into emulating any of those really (if you have any experience with those I would not be hesitant to hack around this a bit though). Rather I think I would just buy spare remotes which I would hook directly to espruino board and just trigger the buttons with the digital pins.

I have already tested the HC-05 module soldered to the main board and I was able to get an Android mobile Bluetooth terminal remote controlled espruino LEDs blinking in under an hour. I find the time to get something working amazingly short with the espruinos' interpreter approach.

Eventually I would like to get an ethernet/wifi module and be able to control stuff using a web page loaded directly from the espruino board to the client's browser (no matter whether it is a mobile phone or a desktop browser or anything else).

Best Regards
    Standa

Actions