MobiTech

Member since Dec 2016 • Last active Apr 2017
  • 4 conversations
  • 15 comments

Most recent activity

• in Puck.js

Thank you so much. I have looked in the API for an own function instead of a handler. I will try it later.

• in Puck.js

Thank you for your help. I have tried to connect the smartphone with the Puck. The Puck sets a service and updates it on a click. The NRF Connect app shows the data. Everything works fine. Now I would like to send data from the smartphone (central), which is connected, to the puck (peripheral).
    Are there functions to do this or is it only a one-way-communication?

• in News

Thank you.

• in News

Does the Puck support Central/Peripheral mode? I have read that there are some problems connecting Android devices because they do not support Central mode. Could the Puck work as a Gatt Server and is further configuration required? That should allow more compatibility.

A nice update, really interesting functions.

• in Puck.js

This works. I tried to connect the Smartphone with the Puck instead of the connecting Puck with the smartphone.
    However I always get the error "Connection timeout". Any idea how to solve this? I used the Bluetooth Mac Address I found on my Android Smartphone (Settings -> About the device -> Status).

FindDevices also returns an empty array:
    NRF.findDevices(function(devices) { console.log(devices); }, 1000);

• in Puck.js

Hello, I try to debug my source code for creating a bluetooth communication. The sourcecode looks like this:

NRF.connect(addr).then(function(d) {
      device = d;
      return d.getPrimaryService("service_uuid");
    }).then(function(s) {
      LED2.set();
      console.log("Service ",s);
      return s.getCharacteristic("characteristic_uuid­");
    }).then(function(c) {
      return c.readValue();
    }).then(function(d) {
      console.log("Got:", JSON.stringify(d.buffer));
      device.disconnect();
    }).catch(function() {
      console.log("Something's broken.");
    LED1.set();
    });

I know that the example above is not valid.
    My general question: How can I debug a bluetooth communication? The problem:
    I connect the Puck with Windows to transmit the program to the puck. For establishing a connection from another device (e.g. Android Smartphone), I have to disconnect the Puck from Windows to be able to connect the Android Smartphone with the Puck. If I am disconnected, I will not see the console output on my computer. So how can I see the console result after disconnecting the puck? Could it be stored on the device?

• in Puck.js

Thank you :)

• in Puck.js

Could you tell me the size of Puck.js with the silicon case (diameter and height)? The values on the product page seem to be without the case.

Actions