• Hi, I would like to connect to the Bangle.js using the native IDE. I am using the most current version (0.75.8). I can connect to the Bangle watch using bluetooth. But if I try to connect using the IDE, I get the following error: "Unable to retrieve board information. Connection Error?". But the connecting itself works: "Connected to f5:ca:36:76:82:be (No response from board)".

The bangle.js has the current firmware 2.11 and I already tried a hard reset. In the settings, I have set

• programmable -> on
    • bluetooth -> on
    • hid -> off

The baud rate in the IDE is 9600.
    Do you have any idea what might cause this connection error and how I might fix it? I also tried the Web IDE, but it does not really connect to my Laptop (it is a HP laptop with Windows 10).

Thanks in advance.

• Ahh, I think this could potentially be an issue with the 'Winnus' module that handles bluetooth and the upgraded packet length in newer Espruino firmwares. I think the only real fix would be us building a new IDE version.

However, I think you'd be much better off using the normal Web IDE - it should work perfectly with Windows 10. What issues did you have connecting with that? I think it'd be much easier to sort that out.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Unable to retrieve board information. Connection Error? on Bangle.js 1 using Native IDE

Posted by Avatar for MobiTech @MobiTech

Actions