• Hi,
    I would like to inform you that there seems to be a bug in the Espruino IDE. When I try to enter a comment with ä,ö,ü, the program will not be transfered to the device. I guess that the coding is not supported. It would be nice if we could use UTF-8 signs in the JavaScript comments.

• Which IDE are you using, and can you give me an example of what's not working? I just tried uploading:

function a() {
      /* ä,ö,ü */
    }

And it works great for me.

• I am using Espruino Web IDE on Windows. The code that causes an error:
    // Service für ...

If I remove this line the everything works well.

• I am using Espruino Web IDE on Windows. The code that causes an error:

// Service für ...

If I remove this line the everything works well.

• Is it the ... - is that three . or a character... ?

• The error is caused by the word "für". If I write "fuer", everything works fine.

• I just tested this on Windows with the current Web IDE from the Chrome Web Store, and it works great for me.

However, the 'Native' IDE (the one you install with an installer, that is needed for Bluetooth LE on Windows) does seem to have a problem. Could you let us know which one you're actually using?

• I just uploaded a new IDE: http://www.espruino.com/files/espruino_i­de_win64_0v66.1.exe

If you were using the Native IDE, if you install that IDE then I think your problems should be gone.

• I am using the native IDE

• Ok, then install the new IDE linked above and it should be fixed.

• You are right, it works well. Thanks.

• @Gordon I tried now an Inline-Comment in a function which is called inside OnInit. If I use a letter like ä,ö or ü, it throws an Syntax error. This seems to be a bug.

• Can you give me an example of the code and the exact error you get? I tried this initially, and it worked fine:

function a() {
      /* ä,ö,ü */
      console.log("Hello");
    }
    a();

• The function a() would be called inside onInit.
    For example this line in a service declaration:

0x4000 : {    // Service für 

It is a part of a function which is called inside the onInit function.

• I just tried:

function onInit() {
      function a() {
         var b =  { 0x4000 : { // Service für 
         }};
      }
      a();
    }

and it works fine. Please give me a FULL example with the problem, and the full error message.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Bug of Espruino IDE (not supporting UTF-8 comments)

Posted by Avatar for MobiTech @MobiTech

Actions