Pico Wifi shim + Bluetooth shim

Posted on
  • Probably another for @Gordon, but can the two shims be used together?

Also, would pre built combinations be commercially viable for you? I've got my Pico, got my wifi shim, got my ESP8266, all bought separately, then discover (or rather remember) I have the soldering skills of a baby elephant.

Started out on a breadboard but found neither the ESP8266 nor the position of TX RX connections on the Pico made it easy to set up on the breadboard.

Wifi on Pico out the box - i'd pay more for. Just a thought.

• Thanks - I'm actually planning some Wifi/BT/etc that plugs in via the 0.1" right now (still waiting for the prototype boards to arrive back from DirtyPCBs). You can see what some of them look like here but they're not tested yet.

When I'm happy with them I will be selling them pre-soldered - even if people are happy soldering 0.05" pins, they shouldn't have to :)

There isn't actually a BT shim that I'm selling at the moment?

However for the 0.1" ones, the WiFi and BT won't work at the same time - there's only one serial port on the Pico's 0.1" pins, so it has to be used in each case.

You could use the existing WiFi shim (which uses the 0.05" pins, but requires hand soldering) and the new 0.1" BT adaptor together though, and that'd be fine...

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Pico Wifi shim + Bluetooth shim

Posted by Avatar for Ollie @Ollie

Actions