Ollie

Member since Jul 2014 • Last active Apr 2019
  • 29 conversations
  • 497 comments

Most recent activity

• in Projects

I thought I could offer help here as I often use this https://api.github.com/repos/:owner/:repĀ­o/releases/latest myself to get the latest release of a repo.

But it fails also.

Maybe this is to do with it being an organisation? But then tags work fine!?!

The tags JSON isn't easily sorted, I can see that. Maybe a good old fashioned web scrape of the releases page, and take the first element in the list? Not ideal.

• in Interfacing

Your module looks very well featured and configurable and choice is never bad.

Re tinyMQTT.js - it sets retain flag by default and some recent user contributions have (I think) addressed catching socket write fails, and stabilised reconnect functionality in general. The version on Espruino.com will be updated soon with the changes.

Beyond that, you are right, tinyMQTT support for the MQTT spec is limited.

• in General

Good way to try out is using one of the free online brokers and a browser client- I use iot.eclipse.org for the broker and the chrome app MQTTBox. You can bring Espruino into it and establish two way communication in a just a few minutes without going into the guts of the protocol itself

• in Interfacing

Looks like it's still on the domain, but on "www" rather than the apex -> http://www.httptohttps.xyz/

• 12 comments
  • in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

Thanks Gordon. You might be able to close that issue - I tried another Puck and that was much faster. So looking into it, though I didn't specifically pair my Mac with the Puck when it was HID, it seems to have a pairing - I'd just been disconnecting it, not realising. Now, I've actually removed the pairing from my Mac, the connection seems fine. Likely a false alarm. Apologies.

I got some way. It's hard to develop with no console for certain.

So far:

1. Connect times from IDE seem longer with 2.0.1. Puck is found quickly, but seems to take an age to connect.
    2. NRF connect and disconnect handlers work as expected - watched on
      LED. And the iPhone reliably reconnects.
    3. My setRSSHandler readings are out of range - all are positives?

Superb. Thanks for taking the time Gordon!

Thanks Gordon there's loads of info to go on there - appreciated. Can I ask one more thing before cracking on with it, can the Puck drop it's HID connection? And if it does, will the pairing mean it is reestablished, or will it kill the pairing?

To be able to act on the RSSI info, I had hoped to be able to communicate with a hub of some form over BLE UART, the ideal flow would be: Detects connection of iPhone > Measures RSSI > determines RSSI is within set range as proxy for proximity > disconnect and inform hub > disconnect from hub >iphone device reconnects > repeat the previous steps? I'm very rusty on Espruino and BLE so apologies for all the questions.

Thanks Gordon. With the new firmware, I still had no joy, which led me to look at "clearing any pairing" as you mentioned above.

So I saved the code to the Puck (with added with E.on("init")), and reset the Puck . Now I get the pairing dialog and the media example works for me. Wonder if my Mac is at fault - not had problems before.

I'm now interested in how to detect when this iPhone connects again and if possible grab the RSSI. I've had a look about the forum and can't see how the Puck knows it is now back in control of a device via HID, nor how I can get data back such as RSSI. Are these things feasible?

Actions