Ollie

Member since Jul 2014 • Last active Jun 2019
  • 29 conversations
  • 506 comments

Most recent activity

• in ESP8266

You can't AFAIK but I've not found it to be an issue. Maybe I've been lucky with the hardware flash chips on my boards. I've got Wemos D1 mini clones and NodeMCU boards all of which are a couple of years old now.

• in Projects

It's great that you took the time to add the parts list in the repo. Will surely be useful to others wanting to have a go at this!

• in Projects

Very nice!!!

Is it an off the shelf electric skateboard, or have you built that too?

This is a project I've wanted to have a go at myself.

• in ESP8266

Flasher.js never gets a mention, but has, for me at least, become a foolproof way to flash ESP8266 with Espruino. I rarely if ever use the esptool.py now. Your mileage may vary but I'd recommend trying it, especially if just starting out.

• in Electronics

Ah yes, Bluetooth.println() is what I was reaching for in my mind... On a mobile and a bit rusty :) Edited my post above to avoid any future misdirection.

• in Electronics

With complex procedures to call on Puck I find wrapping them as functions and saving them on puck first, is best. Then you call the function from inside puck.write(). You will probably need to call load() to get them from flash first.

Also check out Bluetooth.println(). I seem to think that is a better function for sending your return data over BLE UART.

Edited: Bluetooth.write() to correct Bluetooth.println()

• in Electronics

This is a web Bluetooth page yes? Double check you are not still connected to your computer via Bluetooth, say if you have uploaded code also via the Espruino IDE. That could account for the connect disconnect logs. Puck supports one connection on the BLE UART service

• in General

Check this thread out, I believe this user formalised some code for exactly this and shared it

http://forum.espruino.com/conversations/­285086/#comment13000674

no direct experience with the bare module but like the Puck it needs to be in boot loader mode before the DFU is available. You don’t say if you have others that you can “flash”. The docs page on here may help if this is your only module. In the absence of a button you need to make a wired connection. I don’t know what that is but it is in the docs, I recall reading it, when I was considering the module.

• in Projects

I thought I could offer help here as I often use this https://api.github.com/repos/:owner/:rep­o/releases/latest myself to get the latest release of a repo.

But it fails also.

Maybe this is to do with it being an organisation? But then tags work fine!?!

The tags JSON isn't easily sorted, I can see that. Maybe a good old fashioned web scrape of the releases page, and take the first element in the list? Not ideal.

Actions