Ollie

Member since Jul 2014 • Last active Apr 2018
  • 27 conversations
  • 440 comments

Most recent activity

• in Puck.js

Ok thanks @Gordon, I considered using a new characteristic yes, but I'll try with the subscription to TX again first. I had no idea that a straight read from TX was bad form - as you say, likely a problem with the library

• in Puck.js

Both the pucks I'm using are on v1.96.

The function in the library that gives me this error is a request to read the characteristic yes.
    There's another function in the API to subscribe to the characteristic, and a handler should pick up TX output. I've also tried that, but that gives me nothing at back at all.

Could I do anything to make UART TX characteristic ready for a single read?

• in Puck.js

Looking at espruino codebase this would appear to be the error I'm getting back partially:

(from Espruino/libs/bluetooth/jswrap_bluetooth­.c line 87)

BLE task completed that wasn't scheduled (%d/%d)

The numbers I get are 8/0 rather than 0/8 - I transposed them in first post

What does this error mean?

• in Puck.js

I'm trying to read Puck UART TX characteristic in Go, I got nowhere on Mac, but am getting something back now I'm running Linux.

But I can't make sense of the output.

It should return "hello" and frustratingly I've seen this once, but every other time I get variants on the below:

d (0/8)

>

A couple of times I've had a few more characters before the d (so my inference "scheduled").

Anyone know what this is? The > looks like the prompt?

Writing to RX works fine.

• in Porting to new Devices

No problem.

• in Porting to new Devices

I'd like to get my hands on a couple also @Gordon. Possible?

• in Puck.js

To best of my knowledge dropping the extension only applies where loading the module by name only (letting the IDE find it), for an absolute path to a module (on espruino.com or otherwise) you need the whole path to the file including extension.
    You're probably using IDE so Frida's example best, but assigning to Vec3 rather than vec3 is compatible with your code. It's worth pointing that out or you'll get the same error but for a different reason.

• in Puck.js

To do this you need your phone to be advertising a service. If you have iPhone you can use the NRF Connect app to set up a service - any will do - but name it something you can pick out. Once advertising you will see the phone (or more correctly the service) name and be able to pick up the RSSI (signal strength) as part of the advertised data. I don't know about Android, unless this is built in you will need a similar app.

• in Puck.js
    var Vec3 = require("https://www.espruino.com/module­s/Vec3.js");

should work

Actions