Ollie

Member since Jul 2014 • Last active Aug 2017
  • 25 conversations
  • 408 comments

Most recent activity

• 16 comments
  • in General

@Gordon No, I've had no issues, but admittedly this binary only serves a RC car controller webpage and the websocket connection. I'm not using it anywhere else, but it works like a charm for that. Maybe not enough evidence to change it :)

• 14 comments
  • in ESP32

@PressAnyKey, there's a port in progress. @Wilberforce and @JumJum are leading it. You can also get them on the gitter channel here https://gitter.im/espruino/esp32

• in ESP8266

I expect, you'll have no issues there - that's where I went after the Wifi-NodeM. Specifically I wanted an unpinned board, and they've been great.

• 16 comments
  • in JavaScript

Re space - I think a part of it is that the port was designed to accommodate the entire ESP8266 family, including the ESP8266-01. You can use that flash, but as a key/val store. save() doesn't use it all.

Re the module, and subscribe reconnection. It's been a while since I've used, but I seem to think subscriptions resume or at least aren't cancelled by the disconnection, but don't hold me to that. Please feedback how you get on.

BTW the Espruino Gitter channel might be useful. There are people in there who know more about the ESP8266 port than I, so could advise what might be possible on the space front, there's also one user of ESP8266/tinyMQTT who's been managing his home with it for 12 months, so he'd be a good person to pick up with.

• in JavaScript

@Scargill. Hello there! How are you approaching it? Generally, I put a call to connect in the disconnect event handler. Which module are you using? Myself and others have had good success with this cut down module (https://github.com/olliephillips/tinyMQT­T).

So something like this:

mqtt.on("disconnected", function(){
        console.log("disconnected");
        mqtt.connect();
    });

At the time of the espruino to ESP8266 port, there wasn't the room for the full MQTT module, though we now have 1700 jsvars I think some have squeezed it in, but can't save much application code.

• in ESP8266

Hi I can't replicate this. I have 34 APs available in my location. Following a reset() and wifi.scan() , process.memory().free reports 1649 jsvars.

Maybe the issue is what you are doing with the data post-scan? Can you provide more info on what your code is doing?

• in ESP8266

It works.

Actions