• Sorry about your issues updating firmware... I did actually just (yesterday) make some changes to both the app loader and the firmware which should have really helped things and they only went live to banglejs.com/apps late yesterday. It's possible that just refreshing the app loader now would make things a lot more reliable for you.

Was the app loader definitely in the foreground all the while during the update?

If you have it in a tab and then you switch away from the tab, Chrome often pauses that tab after a while, which eventually will cause things to time out and fail.

Anyone here have any luck updating the firmware using Chromium or Chromium based browsers on Fedora or Android?

I use Linux (Mint/Ubuntu) and Android here daily and I have no issues. Did you flip the 'experimental web features' chrome flag to on?

It might also be worth trying to install just the normal Chrome (not Chromium). Some people have reported that makes a difference on Linux.

• Hi @Gordon, thanks for replying.

I did enable both chrome flags as mentioned on Espruino yesterday, and I also definitely had the app loader in the foreground while uploading too.

I gave it another go today on my laptop with Chromium installed and you'll be pleased to hear that I did manage to upload the firmware (first time). I tried it on Chrome and ungoogled Chromium too just out of interest. Chrome worked but for some reason ungoogled Chromium didn't. Not sure why it worked today, but I'm happy it did. Maybe something to do with the update that went live late yesterday?

I also tried it again on Android and still couldn't get it to work, even on Chromium and Chrome. Not sure why, maybe it's a limitation of GrapheneOS?

Is it possible I need to enable the chrome flags on Android too or is that just a Linux requirement?

I'll keep investigating and see if I can get it to work on my phone. Thanks again for your help :)

About