sconniebotland

Member since Apr 2022 • Last active Sep 2023
  • 3 conversations
  • 17 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

I'd like to add that I'm experiencing this issue as well. My watch has recorded 9060 steps as I'm writing this but Gadgetbridge is only showing 270 steps and my watch has been connected to Gadgetbridge all day.

Another thing I've noticed is that the time on the watch seems to freeze when a notification is sent to the watch. The time will only update when I hold the side button down and unlock the watch. The messages app also won't launch but this seems to be a known issue.

I'm wondering if all of these things are connected and maybe when a notification is sent to the watch it breaks its communication with Gadgetbridge. Perhaps this is why the step count seems to stop recording on Gadgetbridge even though connection between the app and the watch is constant.

• in Bangle.js

Yeah of course. So far so good but I'll keep an eye on it over the weekend and update next week :)

• in Bangle.js

Okay, thanks for letting me know. I wasn't sure if Gadgetbridge wasn't functioning properly or if it was just how it was supposed to work. Glad to hear there are improvements in the works :)

• in Bangle.js

Does Gadgetbridge only display activity data while the bangle is connected to the app via Bluetooth?

Or is there some method I'm missing for importing/displaying all of the activity data on the bangle within Gadgetbridge?

For example, it seems as though recorded steps are only displayed within Gadgetbridge if the steps are made while an active Bluetooth connection is established between the bangle and Gadgetbridge. Is this correct or am I missing something?

Hope this makes sense,

• in Bangle.js

No problem :)

• in Bangle.js

Hi there, been a while since I've been on here but I ran into the same issue and checked here to see if anyone else had too. Good to see I'm not the only one.

I tried your workaround and it works for me too but I think I've found a more permanent fix.

The Gadgetbridge guide on Espruino says to select 'don't pair' when setting up Gadgetbridge with the Bangle.js as it gives the most reliable connection . However, in my experience this results in the connection issues.

When I select 'pair' instead, the bangle auto connects like it's supposed to. I've tested this and it works even after flight mode is turned on and off or if Bluetooth is turned on and off.

Hopefully it works for you too :)

• in Bangle.js

Hi again Marcus,

Just want to thank you for your help. I finally got my bangle to work with Fedora! I installed flatseal and gave bluetooth privileges to chromium but that still didn't help. But your mention of flatpaks made me think of trying to install the rpm version of Chromium and that worked with no issues at all.

Not sure why it won't work on the flatpak version but for now I'm just happy to have it working at all.

Thanks again :)

• in Bangle.js

Hi Marcus,

Thanks so much for your reply. I've been using flatpaks and didn't realise that bluetooth privileges weren't given by default. I really appreciate your suggestion, going to download flatseal now and give it a go. I'll let you know how it goes:)

Actions