You are reading a single comment by @Robin and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I am able to see parts in post #35 and that appears to me not the default that is loaded when one launches the web IDE

That is very strange to me... If I understand right, by looking at my Chrome's developer console you didn't recognized the sequence of code that should be executed normally. Is that it? Currently I am clueless, and don't know what could be interfering with running Espruino WebIDE code the normal way on my computer.

• Sat 2021.08.28

Replying to post #45

'Currently I am clueless,'

Following @Gordon s steps as indicated in post #43 uploading the default code file works flawlessly for me also as has been previously explained.

It still hasn't been explained what is being done to cause the 'Refresh' in the emulator.

@sebi    I don't know how plainly we may request, please post the file that is being uploaded as in post #35   Let's rule out that code block, or upload the default code block and provide the default file error output.

Although I'm running a USA English version of Windows10 with no virtual PC, I have the same app versions as were indicated in post #45  less 'Windows is running under Bootcamp' and 'MacBook Pro'

• @sebi    I don't know how plainly we may request, please post the file that is being uploaded as in post #35   Let's rule out that code block, or upload the default code block and provide the default file error output.

I would like to help but I still cannot figure out how to do what you ask for...
    You mean post 25 right? (post 35 is mine with some screenshots.)

Steps:
    https://www.espruino.com/ide/
    Orange Connect Button :: Emulator

Done!

Carret inside Emulator Window
    Fn+F5

Carret? Fn+F5 is to brighten the keyboard on my computer??
    What I understand is: select the Emulator Window and refresh it.

Done!

I am not familiar with the Developer console and I don't know how to generate the log files the way you did. Instead I took some screenshots and posted them in the forum. With further explanations I can try to post what you ask for.

If by "the file that is being uploaded" you mean the file that is being sent from the WebIDE right panel to the emulator, this file can be empty. If you ask for the file that is being executed by Chrome, it is supposed to be the one obtained when navigating to http://www.espruino.com/ide/. I hope my computer does not interfere with that file and leaves it genuine (no addon modifies it). Maybe there is a way to save a copy of the exact code that is being executed by Chrome and this is what you ask for?

Regarding the refresh process, I couldn't try it to verify it but, from what I understand, if the Emulator is working properly and you refresh that Emulator screen, you will lose the connection with the WebIDE resulting in a white screen for the Emulator. Is this correct?
    So one hypothesis would be that my Emulator window gets refreshed unintentionally at start leading to a connection loss, right?

Thanks @TTBangler for trying to help too!

About