sebi

Member since Sep 2019 • Last active Dec 2019
  • 2 conversations
  • 20 comments

France

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

The main reason I posted this thread on the forum was that I thought my issue could concern other people with native Bangle.js as well.
    As a newbie, I couldn't imagine that a different version for the compiler could be responsible for such an issue.
    Money wise, I do support Gordon by owning a Pico, a Puck.js and his book. I also backed is Bangle.js Kickstarter campaign and did a donation recently.
    Again I thank Gordon for his willingness to help me despite being occupied to bring the Bangle.js out there and my DIY Bangle.js not benefiting him directly.

• in Bangle.js

Thank you so much Gordon for helping me. The reason DFU mode was failing was exactly the one you anticipated.

I was using arm-none-eabi-gcc version 8-2019-q3-update to compile the firmware and indeed at the end of bootloader...hex was this line :08E00C0011C30700C1C10700A8. After switching to the same compiler version as yours I got this line :08DFF40021C30700CDC10700A5 instead.

I tested an was able to perform BLE DFU upgrade from version 2v04.264 to 2V04.271.

Thank you again for your reactivity and your willingness to help.

Finding a way to get a few more bytes out of the bootloader is definitely out of my reach. But I wish to contribute by filing bug reports and sharing small apps with the community.

• in Bangle.js

On my watch BTN1 doesn't feel as stiff as BTN2 and 3 (BTN1 rounded metallic pad on the white flexible PCB for buttons in the watch might be loose a little).

Could this result in a bad debouncing for BTN1 making it like the button has been pressed/released a few times?
    (However I didn't notice such a bad debouncing effect when scrolling across the watch menus.)

• in Bangle.js

Opening the watch and using the Serial Wire Debug interface (SWD).

• in Bangle.js

@fanoush:
    What about UICR? (Maybe address 0x10001014 has to do with it?)
    I think while I was disabling the flash protection (mass erase) I did also flash bank 1 with 0xFFs.

[EDIT] I checked and address 0x10001014 is indeed UICR.BOOTLOADERADDR.
    So when flashing Espruino, not only bank 0 gets flashed but bank 1 as well with the 0x7a000 value.

• in Bangle.js

On my watch I get this result (see video).

• in Bangle.js

@MaBe:

When ==== shows, first release BTN1 and than BTN2

As soon as I release BTN1 (with BNT2 being pressed still) I can read for a short fraction of second DFU Started. But just after I get the main screen with the Bangle.js logo (keeping BTN2 pressed or releasing it).

• in Bangle.js

@fanoush:
    The output of peek32(0x10001014).toString(16) is ="7a000".

When compiling the firmware the log displays:

python scripts/hexmerge.py --overlap=replace
    .../s132_nrf52_3.0.0_softdevice.hex
    bootloader_espruino_2v04.264_banglejs.he­x
    espruino_2v04.264_banglejs.app_hex
    dfu_settings.hex
    -o espruino_2v04.264_banglejs.hex

...so I was thinking that the bootloader was merged together with softdevice, the app and dfu settings into espruino_2v04.264_banglejs.hex.

I only flashed this latest as this process worked correctly on my Puck.js as I was able to perform BLE DFU upgrade after installing the generated firmware using SWD onto it.

@MaBe:
    I can read on the screen DFU Started for a fraction of second (see video of my previous message), but just after I get your screen n°5. I don't get your screen n°1 exactly as the screen with DFU Started doesn't remain still and BTN1 = REBOOT doesn't show.

• in Bangle.js

@Gordon:

Had you pressed any buttons after that point?

No.

Maybe you could record a video to show what happens?

See enclosed video.

That's because you have to connect when the watch is in DFU mode

Indeed.

Is yours a Nodeconf Bangle.js?

😕 not exactly ...it is the F watch my nephew got for his birthday I hacked.
    I built the firmware using command make clean && BOARD=BANGLEJS RELEASE=1 make, removed the flash protection and uploaded Espruino using SWD onto the watch.

Sorry for that Gordon: I just couldn't resist installing your software onto the watch (I do own a a Pico, a Puck.js and your book though).

Actions