sebi

Member since Sep 2019 • Last active May 2020
  • 3 conversations
  • 43 comments

France

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

@jeffmer: I am really impressed. I have an iPhone too and would be really interested to see what kind of application you will end up with~~

• in Bangle.js

@PlaidFox: I believe I am not really a programmer too. Bangle.js gave me the opportunity to implement a simple watch face with the minimalist 2x3 pixel numerical digit font I came up with. See 2x3 Pixel Clock :-) The attached picture displays 17:49. Some other digits like 2 or 5 are more challenging to read. Programming was relatively simple thanks to @Gordon great API.

• in Bangle.js

I have just enabled https on my local server and WebBluetooth works just fine now. Thanks~~

• in Bangle.js

Ohhhh OK Thanks.
    Indeed I remember having read something about this now.
    I will try using https as I wasn't able to interpret the errors in the console.

• in Bangle.js

To simplify my app development workflow I decided to host Bangle.js Loader on a local server (a Synology NAS) rather than GitHub.io.
    Currently I have selected Apache HTTP Server 2.4 as the back-end server, and PHP 7.3 with its default profile for PHP. I also tried with Nginx and a more advanced configuration for PHP.
    The Bangle.js Loader web page displays fine when connecting to my local server (10.0.1.4) with Google Chrome under Windows 10.
    But when I click on Connect I get this error message:

10.0.1.4 says
    This Web Browser doesn't support Web Bluetooth.
    Please click Ok to see instructions for enabling it.

Do you know the reason for such a bug? Is it to find on my server side or does it have to do with something wrong with the AppLoader code?

• in Bangle.js

Indeed, with the french keyboard on Windows, e.key values are:

• "Dead" when pressing on the grave accent,
    • "`" when pressing on the space bar preceded by the grave accent.

Thus the key value in the script is "Ctrl + Dead" when pressing on Ctrl together with the grave accent.

Regarding the keyCode, e.code for the grave accent is "Backslash" on the MacBook french keyboard.

Hope this helps.

• in Bangle.js

Hmm - that's odd.

Indeed, I might have messed up triggering resetting without loading any code properly?!? It is complicated (if not impossible due to my probable mistake) to reproduce. Let's forget about it. My bad.

This remark is for me: After releasing BTN2, make sure to keep BTN1 pressed till the watch has finished rebooting not to load any code. (If not a standard reboot only will be triggered.)

• in Bangle.js

I did play a little with the Chrome developer tools but I am too new at it to make a good use of it:

• I could set breakpoints and catch the first key pressed in a key combination but I didn't make it in running the code till the second key pressed (e.g., experimenting with Ctrl+Space, for auto-completion, that works fine with the french keyboard).
    • I tried to modify the code (e.g., adding console.log(key)), saving index.js and experimenting with the shortcuts, but this resulted in my Chrome tab freezing for a long time.

Anyhow, what I observed is that the Ctrl+` shortcut works fine under Linux with the french keyboard (where the grave accent is not considered as a dead key) but doesn't under Windows or Mac OS (where it is a dead key).

• in Bangle.js

The main issues I had upgrading to a newer version were:

• apps didn't work properly (e.g., Loading... displayed forever),
    • impossibility to connect over BLE (with the App Loader or the WebIDE).

I did try:

What worked for me was what I describe in my previous post:

• to downgrade the firmware first (DFU upgrade over BLE did work),
    • to successfully connect over BLE (with the App Loader or the Web IDE),
    • to erase all the apps,
    • to upgrade (performing BLE DFU upgrade),
    • to connect over BLE successfully (with the App Loader or the Web IDE),
    • to reinstall the apps.
Actions