Member since Sep 2019 • Last active Jan 2020
  • 2 conversations
  • 32 comments

France

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

The main issues I had upgrading to a newer version were:

• apps didn't work properly (E.g. Loading... displayed forever),
    • impossibility to connect over BLE (with the App Loader or the WebIDE).

I did try:

What worked for me was what I describe in my previous post:

• to downgrade the firmware first (DFU upgrade over BLE did work),
    • to successfully connect over BLE (with the App Loader or the Web IDE),
    • to erase all the apps,
    • to upgrade (performing BLE DFU upgrade),
    • to connect over BLE successfully (with the App Loader or the Web IDE),
    • to reinstall the apps.
  • in Other Boards

Just a naive question: why not choosing an Ai-Thinker A9G-based development board rather than the RAK5010, as it is so much cheaper ($7-$8) and has basically the same specs?

Is it because the RAK5010 development board is equipped with a nRF52 thus making the port easier? (Actually this makes a lot of sense.)

There are ports of Micropython to the A9G development board (the manufacturer official one and an advanced port which is well maintained), so it might be worth investing this board as an alternative...

• in Bangle.js

I think I have some clues regarding the issue with the Ctrl+` shortcut:
    It has to do with the grave accent being a dead key on the french keyboard (E.g. to type ù easily).

Thus to get a grave accent character only, one has to press the ` key followed by Space. This dead key behavior shouldn't hold when pressing Ctrl before.

In Microsoft Visual Studio Code such a shortcut works properly with the french keyboard. I was able to get this shortcut working properly in the Espruino Web IDE switching my keyboard to standard QWERTY. I will investigate further by setting breakpoints in Devtools...

• in Bangle.js

After being stuck also in the same situation described above, it might help some people to know that, in order to remove successfully all the apps using the online app loader, I had first to downgrade Espruino to an older version (such as 2v04)...

Only then was I able to delete the apps.

Then was I able to upgrade, to reinstall the apps on this upgraded app-free Espruino, and have them working properly...

• in Bangle.js

Nice!
    But the Ctrl+` shortcut doesn't seem to be working for me (Windows 10, french keyboard, Web IDE 0.73.0).
    Am I the only one having such an issue with this shortcut?

• in Bangle.js

Nice it works well indeed!
    And it allows to download files generated by a data logger program running on the Espruino device easily!

Maybe the icon would rather be the same as the upload button but pointing downwards to represent a download action, wouldn't it?

BTW: Are you thinking of implementing the Ctrl+` shortcut we discussed on GitHub that switches focus between the REPL and the editor screen?

• in Bangle.js

You should have a look at: https://github.com/espruino/BangleApps#o­ffline
    Basically the idea is to call require("Storage").write(...) to save your code in flash and make it persistent.
    Following the indications of this small tutorial (choosing a name, picking an icon, etc) allows to call your app from the app menu.

• in Bangle.js

The font should be 6x8 already?

Indeed it is!
    And there is no way to make it larger with the current firmware as the font size is hard coded.

• in Bangle.js

Is there a way to change the Terminal font size from 4x6 to 6x8?
    It seems that g.setFont("6x8") doesn't work in that situation.

• in Bangle.js

I'm not quite sure what you mean there.

On some HR sensors there is a possibility to adjust the green LED brightness together with the HRM camera sensitivity. But I guess this is not the case for the Bangle.js...

Actions