sebi

Member since Sep 2019 • Last active Jan 2020
  • 2 conversations
  • 26 comments

France

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

You should have a look at: https://github.com/espruino/BangleApps#o­ffline
    Basically the idea is to call require("Storage").write(...) to save your code in flash and make it persistent.
    Following the indications of this small tutorial (choosing a name, picking an icon, etc) allows to call your app from the app menu.

• in Bangle.js

The font should be 6x8 already?

Indeed it is!
    And there is no way to make it larger with the current firmware as the font size is hard coded.

• in Bangle.js

Is there a way to change the Terminal font size from 4x6 to 6x8?
    It seems that g.setFont("6x8") doesn't work in that situation.

• in Bangle.js

I'm not quite sure what you mean there.

On some HR sensors there is a possibility to adjust the green LED brightness together with the HRM camera sensitivity. But I guess this is not the case for the Bangle.js...

• in Bangle.js

Me too, I am wondering if there are extra HRM settings available (intensity, sensitivity)?

• in Bangle.js

The main reason I posted this thread on the forum was that I thought my issue could concern other people with native Bangle.js as well.
    As a newbie, I couldn't imagine that a different version for the compiler could be responsible for such an issue.
    Money wise, I do support Gordon by owning a Pico, a Puck.js and his book. I also backed is Bangle.js Kickstarter campaign and did a donation recently.
    Again I thank Gordon for his willingness to help me despite being occupied to bring the Bangle.js out there and my DIY Bangle.js not benefiting him directly.

• in Bangle.js

Thank you so much Gordon for helping me. The reason DFU mode was failing was exactly the one you anticipated.

I was using arm-none-eabi-gcc version 8-2019-q3-update to compile the firmware and indeed at the end of bootloader...hex was this line :08E00C0011C30700C1C10700A8. After switching to the same compiler version as yours I got this line :08DFF40021C30700CDC10700A5 instead.

I tested an was able to perform BLE DFU upgrade from version 2v04.264 to 2V04.271.

Thank you again for your reactivity and your willingness to help.

Finding a way to get a few more bytes out of the bootloader is definitely out of my reach. But I wish to contribute by filing bug reports and sharing small apps with the community.

• in Bangle.js

On my watch BTN1 doesn't feel as stiff as BTN2 and 3 (BTN1 rounded metallic pad on the white flexible PCB for buttons in the watch might be loose a little).

Could this result in a bad debouncing for BTN1 making it like the button has been pressed/released a few times?
    (However I didn't notice such a bad debouncing effect when scrolling across the watch menus.)

• in Bangle.js

Opening the watch and using the Serial Wire Debug interface (SWD).

Actions