You are reading a single comment by @HughB and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Just a quick one - in your tests, is the minimum step threshold actually needed? It seems like the low pass filter will filter out any high frequency so you shouldn't even gets steps that are less than 0.3 sec apart?

It's just one less variable that needs tweaking :)

• Assume you are referring to the min time threshold of 333ms for a step in the state machine. Good question. Yes its needed. In theory it should not be needed but we dont have a perfect filter and a perfect sampling rate. I have seen the lower threshold reject false steps when driving and other occasions. I have done a lot of watching of the debug output I print to the console so have a good feel for what is going on now. We could take it out and do test runs through the recorded data to see the impact. At the moment I dont think it is causing any harm or a major source of error.

One thing I am wondering if we need a different format for the recorder. The recorder logs the x,y,z componants - but in the code we use the m value which is calculated by the firmware. To eliminate another potential difference / source of error - I think we should record time and m only.

About