You are reading a single comment by @Robin and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I'm seeing some weird connectivity issues in Web IDE: namely, I have two computers and connecting and interacting with the same Puck.js unit is very laggy on the other and snappy on the other. Both computers Macbooks with same operating system versions, the other is from 2013 and the other is brand new (late 2018). They are physically in the same place so things like location or external interference should not have an effect in this case, I suppose. The annoying thing is that the new computer, my main workstation, is the slower one.

Sending a relatively simple ~100 line javascript file to Puck has so far taken as long as I have written this message, that is about 5 minutes, while it's more like half a minute with the other machine. Moreover, the BLE connection drops every now and then with the new computer. Haven't had any other BL problems with the system.

Any thoughts?

• Sun 2019.01.27

Hi @massive please take the following comment lightly;   I'm glad to see someone else has made similar if not the same observations.

In my case, uploading 'sending' code gets progressively longer (initial ten-fifteen seconds to later over a minute) in duration until after five-twenty times in total delay frustration, I have to dis-connect, close and re-launch the IDE to continue.

'Sending a relatively simple ~100 line javascript file to Puck has so far ... , that is about 5 minutes'

Are your issues similar to what I went through, and still go through, since five months ago?
    Can the assumption be made that you are not uploading locally developed modules?

from #1 http://forum.espruino.com/conversations/­324495/   #1

'At times, during a code upload, the 'Sending' green progress bar doesn't always go far right, so I'm never sure if the code actually uploaded.'

and

from #8 http://forum.espruino.com/conversations/­325378/   #8

'I had (perhaps wrongly) assumed that a computer from the last 10 years might be able to retrieve a file from the hard disk in under a quarter of a second'

Observations:
    We have different OS's
    I experienced the same with any device, including the Puck
    Same app WebIDE - Or are you launching/running the website IDE? https://www.espruino.com/ide/

Are you able to add to this list?

What you might try:

'the BLE connection drops every now and then'

How much development (in days) has been done or how long have the Puck devices been left on? Are the batteries removed after each development session? Have you tried using a fresh battery?

This might be of some help, are you running a virus checker and if so, does temporarily disabling it, allow the upload to occur?

In my case, the upload then occurs, but the progressive delay in uploading is still present.

What WebIDE version are you running? IDE >> Settings >> About

What version of Espruino is currently flashed to the Puck? e.g. Have you flashed the most current?

Would you please post the results of running: process.env
    so that Gordon has a bit more to go on and will save in exchanges speeding an answer for you.

About