massive

Member since Jan 2019 • Last active Sep 2020
  • 0 conversations
  • 3 comments

Most recent activity

• in General

Well, well, well. As an engineer I should've thought this before asking, but good old "have you tried turning it off and on again" helped. Merely restarting Chrome did not do the trick, but restarting the MacOS worked. Now, everything's fast even on the new laptop. Sorry about the trouble.

• in General

Hi, thanks for the your answers and sorry about the delay in answering.

I'm using Web IDE, downloaded very recently from Chrome Web Store, namely version 0.70.6. Before that I used the Online web version. The puck is updated to most recent firmware I could find, 2v01.13, but the issue occurred with the previous one I had too; which I think was 2v00. I also tried to use Node-based version, but nw.js failed to install on my RasPi3b+, but that's another story I suppose.

Battery shouldn't be an issue; it's currently at 96%. I also doubt that it is the culprit since the other computer is able to interact with the same Puck with same battery just fine. The same applies to WiFi interference; even though I'm not an expert, I would assume that it isn't the problem as another computer located literally next to the other works correctly.

Basically the only thing which is different with the two computers is that the slower one has newer hardware. I'm in the same location, using same Puck with same battery, so I would (perhaps naively?) rule WiFi and battery out.

I just had a several disconnections and very slow echo when I tried to get the battery percentage from Puck by typing the commands to the console.

I haven't had time yet to try setConnectionInterval but will do so soon and report back to you.

• in General

I'm seeing some weird connectivity issues in Web IDE: namely, I have two computers and connecting and interacting with the same Puck.js unit is very laggy on the other and snappy on the other. Both computers Macbooks with same operating system versions, the other is from 2013 and the other is brand new (late 2018). They are physically in the same place so things like location or external interference should not have an effect in this case, I suppose. The annoying thing is that the new computer, my main workstation, is the slower one.

Sending a relatively simple ~100 line javascript file to Puck has so far taken as long as I have written this message, that is about 5 minutes, while it's more like half a minute with the other machine. Moreover, the BLE connection drops every now and then with the new computer. Haven't had any other BL problems with the system.

Any thoughts?

Actions