• thanks for the detailed advices. All these steps I have done. You wrote that I should press the button. Do you mean, that I connect the 3,3V to the golden tap (teardrop)? In this procedure nothing happens only that windows did not accept the device.

• Wed 2018.10.03

Lets get something going so that you stay excited about the Pico. Let's write some code! When you look back, it might become obvious what is not quite right with the firmware upgrade procedure. It shouldn't be this difficult, it is as simple as just plugging in the device.

"Do you mean, that I connect the 3,3V to the golden tap (teardrop)?"

No. As the others have explained, the power is supplied by the USB port itself.

"In this procedure nothing happens only that windows did not accept the device."

What do you mean by "Windows did not accept the device"? What did you see in the IDE left hand panel?

I have learned that disconnecting the Pico from the PC before clicking on the green IDE disconnect button, will give Windows the creeps. Start the IDE. Connect the Pico. Click on the orange IDE connect button. Do the reverse for powering down. Click the green IDE dis-connect button. Unplug the Pico. Close the IDE. Do not deviate for Windows10.

As you were able to get a blinking red LED, I suggest to just try communicating through the IDE first, and wait a bit for the firmware upgrade. Doing this will prove that the Port is being recognized by Windows, the IDE is aware (after clicking the orange connect button) of what ports are available, after connection the fact the IDE is communicating with the Pico, then try to enter a Javascript command to verify everything is a go, i.e. Windows10, Port, cable, Pico are all okay. Then take a stab at attempting to do the firmware upgrade. (follow the link from #8 above, then if necessary follow the steps as outlined in #10 above)

Also, may I ask where in the documentation it was felt necessary to wire or connect to the 3.3v tap as you put it? or, are the plans to tap off the 3.3v line to power other devices perhaps?

About