allObjects

Member since Jul 2014 • Last active May 2018

Very excited about Espruino! JS is just a great, universal language that - for me - implements - thank's @Gordon on an ARM3/4/... MC and with a Web IDE - all essential programming concepts there are and makes them easy to use, including the hardware access. My relationship with The Flintstones is about the same as Espruino and Arduino..., or JS and C... not that C-like things are not of use or needed anymore, but I can get most of them close enough with compiled JS.

Most recent activity

• in News

@Gordon, a non-pressing question about line 14 var i = this._keys.indexOf(k); of your Map implementation. I assume it handles the == conforming to the k(ey) type. So behavior is dependent on key nature. I assume any enhancements with, for example, hashing, would become an overkill, since the Maps can anyway not be really big, where it could matter. Furthermore, I like that it is a insert-sequence sorted Map, and so will be an iterator over keys and values (when exposed). A key sorted map would expect all key types - that means - all 'objects' ever to be used as keys would have to 'share' a comparator. For my needs so far, I never had to issue to come up with an id of a String and used the obvious not so 'loved' feature of the Object {} to handle my access (CRU). Since you know the ins and outs of your object property access, how does it compare with this map setup w/ key and value arrays?

I'm sure it is much more light weight than using the Promise machinery to get to the result... since in the code I see no asynchronous needs...

• in JavaScript

@Gordon, I'm sure you noticed @J{a)SON's ...breadboard friendly? comment. In other words: (essential) pins in DIL format only.

It was nice to have PICO as small (short) as possible. In hind sight though, I think having added 4/10" to its length to have pins only on the long sides would not have hurt its pico-image... ;-)

• in Pico / Wifi / Original Espruino

@davidhay - absolutely! think about all the code that is already going on... and now reserving a single char variable name is a no-no for me... I tried to come up with a solution... but cannot really think of one.

• in ESP32

@Gordon, I understand where @MaNu82 comes from. I personally would like to have some resources accessible on and thru the JS level, for example to use a timer in a simple way. It may then inhibit other appliances, such as usart, i2c,... but would be nice. How to implement without complicating the use of Espruino can be a challenge, I could imagine, especially when it should be flexible.

For a timer used straight forward to, for example, count external events, the Espruino JS should not be involved in the actual counting. JS should only be involved for setup and watch over/under/cycle runs, and also set a time interval the timer would actually count and a trigger when time is up (to a higher precision than with existing JS setTimeout() / setInterval() can do (I assume that these are not as accurate as a native implemented version of them).

• in Pico / Wifi / Original Espruino

...in other words, a disconnect and reconnect aren't sufficient to detect a device change, or replace components loaded specifically for a device when that device first connected.

• in News

Great... so preorders will be executed within the next days! Looking forward to have pixl with pixels in my hand. I noticed the moving of the switches to the sides and having the headers outside of the display.

• in Projects

The emulation I see only worth for developing logic... if you try to do more, you really end up with something very challenging.... even though pc/laptop is about 100 times faster, getting timings right is a delicate thing... after all, it is hardware you try to emulate.

• in ESP8266

SONOFF - 1 outlet - Reprogramming a $30 WiFi Switch - N outlets!

• in Interfacing

...just came across this hackaday post about encoders becoming i2c devices....

With that the bare bones are gone... (as much I like them...).

• in Projects

Hi @mfgea,

did a similar thing when developing a Modular and extensible UI framework and ui elements.

Developing (at that time) in the Browser was much more comfortable with all the debugging help available. Today, Espruino has built-in debugger. I though still prefer to develop particualar things in the emulator, because it gives me more options.

I used also an emulater to develop a memory manager for 256-Kbit (32 K × 8) Serial (SPI) F-RAM - Ferroelecric RAM - SPI challenges.

What I liked the most is the easy way to add testing... see: link to mm.html

Actions