• Just a quick note to say that if anyone else has trouble getting an AM2302 to work with the DHT22 library (getting -1 returned most of the time), try changing the timeout on this.to50ms to a higher number. 150ms works for the module I have and now it returns a correct value almost all the time.

I found through lots of debugging that the signal was getting cut off most of the time at about the 33rd/34th bit, which meant the checksum rarely matched. I would make some changes to the library, but I don't know if this is just my module that isn't working how it should or if it's common for all of them.

• I found through lots of debugging that the signal was getting cut off most of the time at about the 33rd/34th bit, which meant the checksum rarely matched. I would make some changes to the library, but I don't know if this is just my module that isn't working how it should or if it's common for all of them.

I have seen issues where it gave out after 33/34 bits, but that was on a board that had only 32-level event queue, and when @Gordon increased it, the behavior changed.

I never encountered that issue when I was writing the DHT22 module code (also, 50ms or 150ms shouldn't matter - either of those are much longer than the signal takes to transmit. (that code is my fault, though @Gordon was an accessory)

If there are issues, it would be great if we could figure out how to fix the existing DHT22 module to work with them?

About

Avatar for AlexOwen @AlexOwen started