DHT22/AM2302 temperature and humidity sensor

Posted on
  • Just a quick note to say that if anyone else has trouble getting an AM2302 to work with the DHT22 library (getting -1 returned most of the time), try changing the timeout on this.to50ms to a higher number. 150ms works for the module I have and now it returns a correct value almost all the time.

I found through lots of debugging that the signal was getting cut off most of the time at about the 33rd/34th bit, which meant the checksum rarely matched. I would make some changes to the library, but I don't know if this is just my module that isn't working how it should or if it's common for all of them.

• Thanks! Someone's actually had a go at a better module, which is here - I didn't want to have two conflicting ones, but hopefully at some point I'll merge that one into the normal DHT22 module.

You should be able to require("https://github.com/CanyonCasa/E­spruinoDocs/blob/master/devices/HTxx.js"­) and try the new one out though.

I only have a DHT11 to test with, but perhaps if I post a tweaked version of the original up you have have a test with that?

• I found through lots of debugging that the signal was getting cut off most of the time at about the 33rd/34th bit, which meant the checksum rarely matched. I would make some changes to the library, but I don't know if this is just my module that isn't working how it should or if it's common for all of them.

I have seen issues where it gave out after 33/34 bits, but that was on a board that had only 32-level event queue, and when @Gordon increased it, the behavior changed.

I never encountered that issue when I was writing the DHT22 module code (also, 50ms or 150ms shouldn't matter - either of those are much longer than the signal takes to transmit. (that code is my fault, though @Gordon was an accessory)

If there are issues, it would be great if we could figure out how to fix the existing DHT22 module to work with them?

• I'm not quite sure what the new HTxx module is trying to fix, hence not merging it in right away. It's definitely a bonus if one module can do all the different types though.

These troubles could well be a side-effect of people using Espruino on an ESP8266 where the event queue might be smaller?

I'll start a new thread with some ideas for a common module that will hopefully be compatible with everything, and is a bit cleaner and faster.

• Just to add, the new 'general purpose' module actually doesn't work on my DHT11, when the old one does :)

• Last question i read data from this sensor AM2301
    and see ( Temp is -1 and RH is -1 )

All connected to GPIO D1.

Code from examples: dht.read(function (a) {console.log("Temp is "+a.temp.toString()+" and RH is "+a.rh.toString());});

My example programm:

var wifi = require("Wifi");
    var dht = require("DHT22").connect(D1);

wifi.connect("xxx", {password:"xxx"}, function(err){
    console.log("connected? err=", err, "info=", wifi.getIP());
    });
    wifi.stopAP();

wifi.save();

function readTemp(){
    dht.read(function (a) {console.log("Temp is "+a.temp.toString()+" and RH is "+a.rh.toString());});
    }

Thanks all .. this is my problem... i connect in my board D1 and Read from programm. D1.. But realy all pinout is other..

Example: ESPRUINO => D0 is my board => D3 -- GPIO0

2 Attachments

• 20160928_221213_resized.jpg
    • Screenshot_2016-09-28_22-57-36.png
  • As that's not one of the Espruino boards, maybe try posting on the ESP8266 section of the forum? I believe some of the folks on there may have encountered some issues with ESP8266 and these sensors before.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

DHT22/AM2302 temperature and humidity sensor

Posted by Avatar for AlexOwen @AlexOwen

Actions