• I'm probably a bit late here, but the Espruino board takes normal 0.1" pins, but it doesn't come with any pre-installed. There's some info on soldering them here as well as some links to buy them.

The Dupont jumper wires that have been suggested are great. Rather than plugging the Espruino into the breadboard I'd suggest that you build whatever circuit you want on the breadboard and then use the Jumper wires to wire from the Espruino to the breadboard (the Espruino itself would take up most of a small breadboard :).

So you've got two choices:

• solder pins to the Espruino and use Male->Female Dupont jumper wires to connect to the breadboard
    • solder sockets to the Espruino and use Male->Male jumper wires (or even just solid core wire) to make the connections. It's a little harder to solder (because you have to cut the sockets to the correct size), but it might make life easier for you.

Having said all that, in a few months the Pico will be available, and there will be an option to get it with Pins on (so it will plug right into a breadboard).

• Better late than never :D. I think I will go with the first option. So soldering the pins onto the Espruino and simply using Male to Female Dupont wires. Just to be sure, the pins are not soldered BUT they do come included right? The type I ordered is from one of your vendors.
    I'm not sure about what you posted allObjects, but the header socket you showed me does not need to be soldered, plus directly into the breadboard and uses male->male wires? Correct me if I am wrong :)

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started