user140375

Member since Feb 2022 • Last active Mar 2022
  • 1 conversations
  • 10 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

Hi,

I tried using the IDE again, making sure to follow those exact steps, and it gave the same error (just says “error” on the watch) as it did the first time.

The watch is called DfuTarg within the IDE and on my iPhone, so it looks like only the tablet is calling it DfuTar.

Would it be possible to just get a refund for the watch at this point? Maybe returning this watch would help you figure out in person what’s up with it 🤔

• in Bangle.js

Okay, here’s a link to the video via Google Drive. I guess it’s possible that the file browser is selecting the inner files, but it certainly looks like the whole zip file to me.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cTLJFGd­zje-q9j_bP9-axPnt9UgtMZTp/view?usp=drive­sdk

Thanks!

• in Bangle.js

Yeah, it’s super weird. I recorded a video of the entire process using the Android tablet, but it’s too big to put in my post here. Do you have an email I can send it to?

To answer your second question, I do use a VPN on my phone, but not on the Android tablet or my router or anything. I checked the contents of the zip file and they’re the exact 3 you listed, no others.

• in Bangle.js

Yup, I just double checked and it was the file under “Find a Binary”. I’m double sure because my browser asked if I wanted to download the same file again.

I tried flashing it again just in case, but the same error came up.

• in Bangle.js

Hi,

@Gordon
    I tried to replicate the upload, but the Android tablet is quite old and is giving me trouble with its battery now. If it’s able to revive itself, I’ll be able to do a video with it.

In the friend’s Android, the device said “DFU file not found” even though it was the latest file from the Espruino website.

I didn’t get an exact error message with the Android version, it just crashed when I tried to select the firmware.

I could do a video with my iPhone flashing it, but that might not really help.

It’s definitely set to the bootloader when I try to flash the firmware (says DFU start), then quickly says “disconnect” and reverts back to its base “sw reset” screen.

@ajkm
    When I go to connect to the watch, I get a ton of options, like 15, in the Bluetooth connection screen. However, as the guide says, I always pick DfuTarg from the list. None of the others are called Bangle.js, so I’m pretty sure that part’s working as intended.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

• in Bangle.js

Hi again,

I tried using the nRF Connect app on both my iPhone and the Android tablet—no luck. Then I borrowed a friend’s Android device, still nothing. Is it possible to send the unit in, or get a refund for it or a replacement or something?

Thanks for all the help so far!

• in Bangle.js

No luck, sadly. nRF toolbox crashes on the Android tablet when I try to add the firmware to flash, and my MacBook just sits on the Espruino IDE firmware update saying “Your firmware is now being updated…” and on the Bangle it says “connect” and then immediately “error”.

Almost seems like the device is bricked, but maybe there’s more we can try?

• in Bangle.js

Oh, gotcha! That would have been helpful to know, haha. I probably didn’t understand the wording of how to update it or something 😅

Unfortunately the oldest thing I have is still like iOS 14. I guess I’ll give it a few tries and see if it starts working? I do have access to Mac and Windows computers, but I don’t think the watch can update that way.

Come to think of it, I do have an old Android tablet somewhere. Maybe that would work, if my iPhone isn’t able to?

• in Bangle.js

Hi!

I got a Kickstarter Bangle, so I had to update its firmware manually via the second method in the link you sent.

I’ve only tried from my iPhone. I could hunt around for another iOS device, but I don’t have any Android devices.

The Bangle instantly gets disconnected when I try to update it. The first image below is after starting DFU, the second image is what it does after I try to install the firmware, and the third image is its “base” state it’s just sitting in all the time.

Actions