Jonathan

Member since Dec 2021 • Last active Feb 2023
  • 7 conversations
  • 17 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

IIRC the alarms app also doesn't show if an alarm has more info attached. So it is not immediately apparent if a Sched entry was made by alarms or a different app.

I think there are ways in which the alarms app could be extended to be very helpful for other apps as well. Every app that implements an own kind of alram could be added to a list and when creating a new alarm you could at the end have an option to select between a normal kind of alarm or a noteify/etc kind of alarm. Then if you activate an alternate app, there could be a link to a showMenu function of said app so you could configure the kind of alarm (eg. the message to be displayed by noteify) directly from a submenu of the alarms app.

The alarms app would then display all alarms sorted first by app (with own alarms first and then the ones by different app) with a seperator for every app.

In addition you should still be able to set any alarm to hidden if you don't want it modifiable by the alarms app.

That would for me be the perfect way to add custom functionality to alarms/sched without having to rewrite large parts of the software.

• in Bangle.js

Using the Sched library would be really helpful to me but every timer/alarm I generate also appears in the alarms app which is a bit annoying since in the app I can't differentiate between them. Is there a way to generate custom alarms that don't show in the app?

Even better would be a possibility to have a kind of bangle.showMenu that shows the same option as the alarms app but only with alarms I selected eg. using appid.

• in Bangle.js

Hey @Ganblejs, thanks for the feedback!
    I like the idea of being able to input additional notes, though I'm not sure if that deviates too far from the original idea of the app. I'll play around with Noteify a bit and see.

About the scheduler, I've originally intended to use it but after reading throuh the README.md I didn't find a way to hide the timers/alarms from the Alarm app. That made it really clunky to use. If possible it would definitely be useful since it saves resources. Since timing accuracy is really not important I was also planning to look into unloading as much as possible from ram but I'll need to read up more on JS...

• in Bangle.js

I have finally gotten around to reading up on js and have written a small app that I've been needing for a while now. If you (like me) have the tendency to push off non-timecritical tasks long enough to completely forget them this may help you as well. Once activated (by executing the app) it will buzz every few minutes (buzz pattern and interval selectable) to remind you to take out the trash, write the annoying email or get up and finally drink a glass of water. I you want to ignore the task a bit longer the app will simply keep buzzing every x minutes until you deactivate it again. It is also great if you're currently doing something and someone wants you to do something afterwards. Just activate the app (I have it set to swipe right on the clock screen) and you won't forget about it immediately after they leave.

You can also set it to start buzzing at a certain time everyday eg. to remind you to take meds.

While active it will also show a widget, the app can be set to respect quiet mode.

You can find the app unter https://jonamb.github.io/BangleApps/?q=a­nnoy
    Feedback is greatly appreciated (also for a different name). Once I've used it a bit longer and made sure it works as advertised (and read up on GIT usage) I'll put in a PR.

• in Bangle.js

The tip with multiple windows is super helpful, thanks! I have an idea that requires an App, Settings page and Widget that all interact with each other, just having each open seperately makes it much easier.

• in Bangle.js

I'm writing a small app and for programming/debugging I'm using an unoly mix of GitHub editing, Notepad++, WebIde and alot of copy and paste. I'd love to use the WebIde for more but since it (to my knowlege) doesn't support editing multiple files at once and also I can't get the projects setup to work it is really cumbersome to use. Projects worked with the native windows version, however I had problems with the connection including dropped characters so I went back to the web version.

What setup would you recommend for someone who doesn't have alot of JS (and for that matter git) experience?
    Thanks!

Actions