user65682

Member since Jun 2016 • Last active Jan 2020
  • 1 conversations
  • 8 comments

Most recent activity

• 15 comments
  • in Puck.js, Pixl.js and MDBT42

The puck is in the post. I appreciate that you're about to start your Christmas break so I will wait until January for the replacement.

Thank you for your help.

Swapping the batteries was the first thing I tried. It didn't work.
    I'll try and get the puck posted to you tomorrow.

I can confirm that the red led was lit all the time when in bootloader mode. I still couldn't see it via nRF Connect.

I failed to connect via the serial console on either board - due to my poor attempts at wiring and not wanting to make a mistake and damage the board(s).

I couldn't see anything different between the working board and the bad board but have uploaded three files:

1) good puck left - bad puck right.jpg.
    2) bad puck - side view.jpg
    3) bad puck - top view.jpg. (different lighting conditions).

OK, I'll take a look tonight and post pictures if I see anything that looks suspicious.

I'm pretty sure that the red led was on all the time. I'll try again tonight as I don't have the puck to hand right now.

I'm not sure where the aerial is located on the board - is there a diagram you could point me to?

I managed to update the working puck's firmware using that method. I couldn't see the troublesome puck using this method - I tried both nRF Connect and nRF Toolbox.

Can I use the serial console to check the status of the Bluetooth?

Thanks for the reply. They are both out of the box unmodified, not flashed pucks. I tried following the instructions for re-installing the firmware but the puck doesn't show up in the nRF Connect application during a scan. It looks to me like the puck's bluetooth isn't working.

I have two pucks. I can connect to one with nRF Connect, send commands to it with both nRF UART and with the new Droidscript Puck plug-in on my Android phone. The other one flashes the RED Led on power up and will run through the self test ok, but I cannot pick it up via a Bluetooth scan or otherwise communicate with it. I have tried swapping the batteries over with no success. Are there any other tests or actions I can carry out?

Actions