Bangle board name defines to a file

Posted on
  • I don't know how hard this would be, but if the bangle devices name define was visible from a file. This would help me out a lot. Right now my ide doesn't know what device its working with. So the device specific code will be darkened out in my IDE. If it could go in the platform_config.h that would be very handy.

Bangle device name

• That's a very good point, thanks! Yes, it would be really good to go in platform_config - one thing to watch out for is certain tools like build_jswrapper depend on defines that are set in the makefile (eg to choose which JS functions to include or not), but potentially they could parse platform_config to get those defines, which would probably be a lot nicer than passing them on the command-line anyway

• is build_jswrapper and build_jswrapper_efficient. Doing the same thing just one is build for speed?

• Made a pull request with my solution.

https://github.com/espruino/Espruino/pulĀ­l/2468

• is build_jswrapper and build_jswrapper_efficient. Doing the same thing just one is build for speed?

Yes - actually I think build_jswrapper_efficient should be removed (I've just got rid of it now) - the last update of note was 10 years ago, and I think at the start of Espruino I'd hoped I could make something that was a bit faster than the current solution (but it never actually worked)

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Bangle board name defines to a file

Posted by Avatar for user156811 @user156811

Actions