Starfield Collectors Edition watch runs Espruino

Posted on
Page
of 2
Prev
/ 2
  • I managed to get the starting logo in colour again and learned why they dont do this anymore. I tried getting it full screen but it runs out of memory before i can get it to work.

Edit2: reduced number of colours in raw file to reduce size and now i get a full colour logo across full screen. With a bit more optimisation like better downscaling and colour blocking i can defo get the image smaller

Edit: using the 2x2 bayer pattern i manahed to get a full screen colour logo on startup

3 Attachments

• IMG_20231009_183939.jpg
    • IMG_20231009_190427.jpg
    • IMG_20231009_191123.jpg
  • Nice! Looks to me like the image only has a few colors, so you could use the Image Converter with maybe the 'Optimal 3 bit' palette to get the image in.

Also I'm not sure how it's rendered but if it's just a file on the flash storage, it should be able to be rendered right off the flash memory (without ever being loaded to RAM)

• Its rendered by creating an image object during boot and the data for which is stored in logo-white.js to save me time editing i just kept logo white (its used elsewhere not just in boot) the same. Then just copied the image object into the boot code. The one i posted i cant remember if i kade it 4 bit or 3 bit bit it was about 5000bytes for the full screen one

• Ok - well, the easiest option is try uploading the image direct to a file using the IDE's Storage button (it gives you the same image converter menu).

Then you can just do img = require("Storage").read("myimage.img") and render it that way, and it comes straight from flash

• ah ill definitely do that because the thing is tight for space as is, i wonder why they dont do that by default, cant imagine its slow enough to cause any issues.

Is there a way to tell how much memory/flash is left from the ide?

• Is there a way to tell how much memory/flash is left from the ide?

for storage space type require("Storage").getFree() in console - left side of IDE
    https://www.espruino.com/Reference#l_Sto­rage_getFree

• Does anyone have original firmware for the watch? Mine is corrupt. I can get into DFU mode, so could flash with the NRF tools.... However I cannot track down a firmware package to install.

• Thank you! I was able to flash this and am up and running again!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Starfield Collectors Edition watch runs Espruino

Posted by Avatar for user156416 @user156416

Actions