• I've been using my Bangle.js watch for a few months now, and overall, I'm really happy with it.
    However, there's one thing that's been bothering me, and I'm hoping you can help:

On my watch, the message widget only displays one notification icon at a time. As far as I know, it should display one icon per pending notification like shown on screenshots here. Isn't that right?

I would really prefer it to work as displayed. However, I have attached a screenshot from my own watch with several messages pending, yet only one displayed.

So far I have reinstalled the message widget and the message app and tried to tweak the settings, but to no avail.

So far, I've reinstalled both the message widget and the message app and tried tweaking the settings, but to no avail.

Could someone kindly provide guidance or advice on how to resolve this issue?
    I'd greatly appreciate your insights.

1 Attachment

• Screenshot.png
  • I think maybe you want to use the separate alternative messages grid widget?

• I tried that but didn't like the tiny icons as much...

• I've just looked at the code and the default Message Widget should display up to 3 message icons by default - it's configurable in Widget messages in the message options.

Maybe you could check in your app loader and just tell me what apps you have installed? Maybe it's a different messages widget that got installed by default?

• I have changed the configuration in "Widget messages" before but it didn't change anything. I've tried again now but it's no different, unfortunately.

Here's a list of all my installed apps.

• Mine does the same, I just never thought to question it.

(Copy of my app list if needed... borrowing the notebin idea)

• I've just fixed this now - looks like it was broken for a while! Since before the messages app was split into different libraries at least!

• Amazing, thanks Gordon! I have no idea when the update will land in the App Manager, but I'll be ready to install it asap.

Thanks again! Once more I'm happy to have bought this watch!

• Thanks! You should be able to try it in the development app loader now if you want: https://espruino.github.io/BangleApps/

• This worked. Looks like the issue is fixed!

1 Attachment

• Screenshot.png
  • Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Watch only displaying one notification icon at a time?

Posted by Avatar for franz_banglejs @franz_banglejs

Actions