thinkpoop

Member since Jan 2024 • Last active Mar 2024
  • 1 conversations
  • 3 comments

Most recent activity

• in Bangle.js

I had an "oh, duh" moment and remembered I could set the meta viewport tag to allow user-scalable=1 and bump the max to 10. Now I can just zoom as needed, even in gadgetbridge. 👍

(No idea what side effects it may have though, so only doing it to my own GitHub.)

• in Bangle.js

I was mostly thinking it'd help with mobile, increasing control sizes. And then concerned that as new controls are added to html, it wouldn't be updated to match.

I just tested button size though, and Bootstrap actually made it a bit worse.

Then with Spectre, switching to a "btn-group" increased the button sizes... touché Spectre. It might be easier to work with than I thought.

(Screenshot of sleeplog's buttons, top is with btn-group. The 2x2 grid ends up being the size of my fingertip.)

• in Bangle.js

At the risk of sounding like the cliche "noob with overzealous ideas":

The app loader and interfaces are great for interacting with the watch. I'd like to work on making them better, even if it was rejected it'd be a good learning exercise.

They use "spectre.css", so I figured I'd learn it. But Spectre appears to be abandoned, with a few struggling attempts to fork it.

Would it make sense to switch to something more widely used like Bootstrap? Especially before many interfaces are made that rely on it?

• Learning bootstrap is probably more useful use of brain space.
      • It might be something people already know.
    • It'd keep things pretty and uniform-ish.
    • It'd probably outlive spectre and be updated as html/css gets updated.
    • It can switch to dark mode pretty easily.

Bootstrap is just an example, but basically interfaces made by programmers tend to look and feel terrible, so a guide/crutch is good. And the fewer frameworks I have to remember the better.

Actions