You are reading a single comment by @thinkpoop and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Thanks for checking on this - I don't think this is anything to worry about too much - I believe it comes from this line which in the past would have thrown Storage Updated: https://github.com/espruino/BangleApps/b­lob/master/apps/boot/bootupdate.js#L22C2­-L22C90

It's a bit of a hack to ensure that if the settings are changes, at boot time no extra code gets run (because there was an exception) and the Bangle can then reload the new settings.

@thinkpoop on 2v19 did you see a Storage Updated message when changing? It's possible something has got broken with the reporting of exceptions (maybe after a reload).

• I could've sworn I've seen "Storage Updated" in the past, but trying 2v19 and even 2v18 now, it isn't showing up.

But if I go back to 2v21 and temporarily remove the hash check by updating bootupdate.js, the exception does go away.

That would explain why it's only during settings updates. And why when I tried to manually remove the hash check in .boot0 to put in a try/catch, I wasn't catching anything... I thought I was fighting against the bootupdate.js rewriting it, but I had also removed the exception.

It hasn't been an issue, besides a lot of head scratching and thinking I broke something.

Thanks!

About

Avatar for thinkpoop @thinkpoop started