Connectivity with other apps

Posted on
  • Hi All,

I've been trying to connect my bangle 2 with the Nike Run Club app. It shows under the bluetooth devices (for the heart monitor) intermittently. but there is a 'connection error' each time it tries to connect.

Is there a limitation on the device that will stop it from working on the NRC app?

• Hi,

The Bangle.js won't automatically provide heart rate figures when it's connected to by some other device - you would need an app that adds that functionality. You can install https://banglejs.com/apps/?id=bootgatthr­m and I believe after restarting the Bangle it should then provide the HRM service which should do it, but I'm not sure if the Nike app expects anything else to be provided by the watch.

If that doesn't work it'd be handy if you could find out exactly what it expects to find when it connects - it could be some other services could be advertised.

Also worth noting that if you were already connected to your phone to upload the app, the bangle won't have been able to restart bluetooth to add the service - so you'd need to make sure you turn off bluetooth on your phone and then back on after installing the app and starting the bangle

• Hi,

Thanks for your reply - I'll give it a go and will try again. If I do need to speak with NRC app developers (customer support?) is there a particular phrase/word to use in my question?

• I added the app that you mentioned.

when the bangle.js gadgetbridge app is not connected to the watch, the watch shows in the NRC app (it does not show when the watch is connected with the phone via gadgetbridge).

each time I try to get the NRC app to connect to the phone for HRM readings, it says an connection error has occurred.

I'm really struggling to speak with NRC about this as the phone number keeps circulating me through the main switchboard through a series of unhelpful advisors. I'm trying to find out from them if there a requirement, in the interim, is there anything else I can try?

• when the bangle.js gadgetbridge app is not connected to the watch, the watch shows in the NRC app (it does not show when the watch is connected with the phone via gadgetbridge)

Yes, that's what you'd expect...

is there anything else I can try?

You could try enabling passkey pairing on the Bangle. It may be that the Nike app only wants to connect on a 'secure' connection, and enabling passkey pairing can help to force that.

Otherwise I'm not sure - I doubt you'll have luck on the phone, but you might be able to find some mention online about what devices it's working/not working with

• Thanks for your responses.
    I've tried enabling passkey but still no joy

I have managed to reach out to NRC (eventually via Twitter). I've explained and they have said they're investigating. I'll update as/when/if they reply.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Connectivity with other apps

Posted by Avatar for user157019 @user157019

Actions