What to do with unconnectable b2?

Posted on
  • So
    I can't connect to the watch with bluetooth and I have tried everything that they say in this forum. So I'm thinking is there any good ideas, what to do with it? Anyone wants to buy it from me?

• If you don't get it to work for you I might be interested to buy it and give it a try.

But I suspect you'll work it out somehow. That's usually the story on these threads 😉

• I have tried for month now and nothing. So, yes I can sell it to you. 30€ + postage costs from finland?

• Have you tried the following:

1. In the Bluetooth setting, turn on BLE and turn off Passkey (it seems pin code does not work yet).
    2. Go to Make Connectable in the setting and stay on that screen.
    3. Connect to the watch.

If you need to install apps, you need to turn on Programmable too.

• Really?... " I have tried everything that they say in this forum..."

• I guess the 2nd step is unique on the forum. This step temporarily bypasses the whitelist. It takes serveral more steps to add device to whitelist.

• I have tried for month now and nothing.

Interesting is that when clicking your profile and post history on the forum there is only one old conversation and then nothing. So you tried 'everything' except actually asking or describing your issue.

There is some chance the device is actually defective and then you may ask for replacement (and it is probably not that good idea to buy such device from you). Or the device is OK and the issue can be solved.

Can you enter the DFU mode as per http://www.espruino.com/Firmware+Update#­nrf52 - Entering DFU mode - Bangle.js 2, and do firmware update via android phone? If that works then the bluetooth works.

• I haven't asked for help, because why would I post same question as in here and get all the same answers. The issue is the same and the result would be the same.
    Anyway, my watch is 19 months old, so I can't get replacement no longer.
    I have tried DFU mode, but I can't find the bluetooth.
    My idea was just to sell it if someone wants one ( for spare parts? ) Otherwise i will just throw it away

• why would I post same question as in here and get all the same answers

Oh, OK. If that would happen to me I'd at least post 'mee too' to that thread and ask about possibility of replacement but everyone is different.

Throwing it away is wasteful indeed.

• From what you've said I think I won't have much more luck connecting it than you. If I could program it using the charge cable connected to my laptop I'd probably buy it (although maybe not for 30€) - but I don't think that's possible.

• Yeah, you can't reprogram it from the charge cable. At least that's what they say.

• Maybe I will just try to disassemble it for fun. Maybe it will fix the bluetooth also ^^

• you can't reprogram it from the charge cable

Unless the middle pins melted away from your sweat over time you definitely can, it is standard SWD so any SWD debug dongle works, even the charging cable has all 4 wires there going to usb data pins so simple usb female to 4 jumper wire adapter + swd dongle does the job, I did it many times.

EDIT:
    By SWD dongle I mean ~US$2 thing like this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10050016­21626894.html or this https://www.aliexpress.com/item/10050050­02268447.html or even just raspberry pico loaded with some DAPLink implementation (there is plenty of them)

• The only issue is that nrf52 device without bluetooth is not that much useful, but it can still be used as ordinary watch. It could even work with Espruino IDE and apploader over the charging cable + some dongle if the stuff discussed here https://forum.espruino.com/conversations­/380926/ is done. I still plan to look into it eventually.

• As fanoush mentioned, you definitely can. Being able to reprogram the watch was one of the reasons I bacled the kickstarter, because the watch is opened up to all kinds of firmware without having to sacrifice waterproofness. I've tried it as well (had a female usb connector soldered onto some protoboard and broke out the pins to a j-link adapter)

@fanoush I wonder if the usb/swd cable can be used for installing the DFU and maybe factory reset the watch? Or maybe even run a small diagnostic that gathers data on the watch as well as some data on the responsiveness of the peripherals. Might help with troubleshooting in the future.

• That is quite possible, the antenna is glued to the case and contacted by a spring contact on the mainboard. So it may have just corroded a bit if you had at some point humidity in your watch.

• Maybe I need to open it then and see if the antenna is loos

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

What to do with unconnectable b2?

Posted by Avatar for Harkaniemi @Harkaniemi

Actions